One Shot: The Proposal

"Tammy wait wait wait. I can't breath."

"C'mon babe, you can do it. Just a few more meters."

Kelsey was wondering why she had agreed to go on a trip on Mount Stakes with her super athletic girlfriend. She wasn't made for this, her lungs and her legs definitely were made for this.

But hey the view, she thought.

The 'view' meaning Tammy's derrière in those skin tight pink leggins, oh and of course the landscape too. That was also wonderful.

They had been hiking for the last four and a half hours and Kelsey was sure she had developed quite a few blisters on her feet, but only a couple of meters separated her from the finishing line. So she sprinted.

"YES, YES!" she started screaming in her usual joyful way, although she was feeling rather dead inside. She punched the air three times and then collapsed to the ground to catch her breath and relax her muscles. Tammy was also feeling tired and she was sweaty as hell, but she laughed so hard that she had to squat down and hold her tummy.

"See? You made it. I don't get why you don't trust yourself doing these things!"

"Because yes, I get to the end, but at what cost, Tamtam? I feel like a corpse," she exclaimed, and Tammy rolled her eyes.

"Such a drama queen you are! Here drink this," she handed her a bottle of... Some blue liquid that she threw down in a matter of seconds.

"I have no idea what you just gave me but it was good."

"Blue lemonade, kid-safe version of course. I wouldn't want you to drink vodka after a hike. Can we est something? I'm starving Kels."

They opened up their backpacks and started unwrapping their burritos.
Kelsey looked over the edge of the mountain and stayed in owe of the place. Tammy's butt was amazing to look at, but she had to admit that this view truly was breathtaking and she was glad they did the hike, dead tired or not.

"God, this is so good," Tammy gushed.

"You made it, of course it's good," replied Kelsey, who was looking at her girlfriend as if she had been a goddess. Her black skin was glowing with sweat droplets, her hair up in a bun was as gorgeous as ever, her tight curls so perfect, she wanted to cry.
Everything about her was perfect.
And she was hers. And that worked both ways.

Tammy had came into her life just in the right moment. Jade had helped her pick herself up piece by piece, and her faith in humanity had sparked again, but Tammy had been the icing on the cupcake for her. Fun to hang out with, borderline crazy, passionate, kind and respectful of her spaces. That was Tammy.

"You know I love you, right?" Kelsey told her with her mouth full of food.

"Kelsey! You know I hate when people talk with food in their mouths, c'mon!" Tammy exclaimed while putting a hand over her eyes in order not to watch her babe doing what she hated most, "I know and I love you too, but don't do that baby, please."

"Eheh sorry babe," she said, cleaning her lips with a tissue, "bad habit of mine. But I truly love you. You're special."

"Awn thank you Kels. Not that I'm against it, but... Why are you so emotional?"

"Oh it's just the view and we're alone, and this food that you made is awesome and I felt like dying two minutes ago so I have to un burden my heart, in case... I don't know, in case I die while going down I guess."

"Have I told you you're a drama queen yet? Because you are, my girl."

"I know. That's one reason why you love me though, you told me that once," she told Tammy sticking her tongue out.

"Then go on, please I won't stop ya."

Kelsey stopped looking at her for a moment, halfway through a bite. What was stopping her from telling her the whole truth? That she loved her with all her heart and soul? That... She wanted to marry her?
She gulped down what she was eating and then wrapped the rest of the burrito setting it aside on the rock she was sitting on.

"There are two more things. Or maybe more I don't know, we shall see," Kelsey said, turning to face her.

"I think these leggins are fantastic on you, make your booty look flawless. And trust me on that one I had almost five hours to analize every aspect of it. But that's not really how I want to end my confession if I were to truly die today so... I love you, so so much. Because you helped me get through a dark time in my life, you gave me time and space, I was blessed by your light and by your love. You amaze me every single fucking day, Tammy you do," she reassured the girl in front of her that started to tear up. Kelsey reached out and took her hands in hers, "You're so strong, so proud, so attached to your family and damn! You love me! That takes a lot of courage on its own."

Tammy started giggling in the middle of her tears, "Stop, see what a mess you made me do!"

"I'll stop when you say yes."

"What do you mean?"

"It wasn't planned at all," Kelsey started saying while getting up from her rock just to land a second later on her knee in front of Tammy, "see I don't even have a ring!" she exclaimed, while Tammy widened her eyes in surprise.

"So, Tammy you will excuse my rude manners, but I have a question of utmost importance," Kelsey stopped dramatically, locking her eyes into Tammy's.

"Will you marry me?"

Tammy bursted in tears, but she managed to nod her head 'yes' and then hugged Kelsey so tight that she almost choked her to death. That wasn't planned either.

"Love. Tammy? Love? You're choking me, I was kidding when I said 'if I were to die today' I didn't mean that literally," Kelsey said almost out of breath.

"Oh dear, I'm sorry baby, yes! Yes I wanna marry you now, ring or no ring, I don't even want that ring for God's sake!"

"But I wanna buy you one and plus... Tammy let's be realistic: if I don't buy you a ring Jayjay will be coming for my head."

"That may be true. But babe. Little. I want a little one, no fancy big things, alright?"

"Alright, whatever you want. I love you. Thank you for making me a better person, for loving me and for making me the happiest person alive right now and ever."

Tammy sat on Kelsey's thighs, put her arms around her neck, kissed her and then forehead to forehead, she said, "I can't believe you did that. I can't believe it was an improvisation! This will go down in history as the best proposal in my family, just saying. I'll brag about this all the time, be ready," and through a smile, she added, "I love you."

They resumed eating the little food they had left and then the descent started. Everyone got home safe and sound... And happier than ever before.