||Adopting a Child 2||pt4

Let's continue where we left off shall we.

\Levi pov\
The worker mouth dropped after I stated, that my decision is that I want to adopt the little brat named Eren.

(TW means the worker for rn)

TW- Are you sure that you want to adopt Eren?

Levi- Yes

TW- Uh...um.. ok well follow me

I followed her to her office, I assume, while Hange stayed back playing with the little brats. She asked me one last time am I sure. I told her that I already decided that I wanted to adopt Eren. She gave me a warning type of look with a hint of worry, then said...

TW- You do know that when you adopt a child they are not returnable

I looked at her thinking is she stupid, but then I just replied back...

Levi- I know that already, why do you keep asking questions? Aren't I suppose to start signing stuff or something.

She looked at me and sighed. She then started telling me about what happened to Eren's mom, dad, and how every foster parent would send him back because he was too "difficult".

I felt bad for the little brat which made me want to adopt him more. When the worker saw that I really wanted to adopt him, she started doing what she suppose to do since the beginning.

Before I left the worker told me that they would call me to let me know when I become his official guardian or whatever.

\Narrator's pov\
After that Levi left out the office and dragged Hange out the Adoption Center without saying a word. Levi was exhausted and Hange didn't make him feel any better she only made it worse.

       TimeSkip
~5 1/2months later~
\Narrator's pov\
Levi was just sitting on his couch reading the news paper while sipping on some tea, until he's phone started ringing and he started praying, literally praying that it isn't Hange calling.

He picked up his phone, and was so thankful it wasn't Hange. It was the Adoption Center people calling.

Levi answered the phone. The people started telling him that he is qualified to become Eren's official guardian. Levi was happy but he would not admit it. They continued saying that he can come pick Eren up in 2 hours.

~Two days earlier~
\Narrator's pov\
One of the workers walked up to Eren who was sitting outside on a bench drawing. As she started to approach him she called out to Eren and told him to come here.

Eren grabbed his things and walked over to the lady. She began speaking saying that someone had officially became his guardian and that he needs to start packing now since it's good time to start. Eren then nodded and said ok.

\Eren's pov\
I was sitting outside on a bench drawing while the other kids were playing since it was recess. After a couple minutes of drawing I heard my name being called by one of the workers.

The worker told me to come over, so I grabbed my things and started to head towards her.

When I reached her she began telling me that I was officially adopted by someone. I'm not going to lie I was kind of happy, but I didn't get my hopes up too much because they might try to return me to even if it's going to be much harder to do that.

After I received the news I gave the worker a nod and said ok. Then headed inside to start gathering my things.

~present time~
\Levi's pov\
It's close to being 2 hours so I decided to get ready, so I can head to the Adoption Center to get the little brat that I adopted, named Eren.

~arriving at the Adoption Center~
When I arrived at the Adoption Center I got out the car, locked my car, then went inside. I saw Eren drawing and waiting with his stuff beside him with one of the workers.

I walked towards them and greeted the worker and she greeted me back, I then walked closer to the brat and asked what he was drawing, he just ignored me and kept drawing.

I didn't want to start any trouble so I just told the little brat to gather his things and come on.

\Eren's pov\
After I finished packing up my things I went to do something until my new guardian come pick me up

Some time flew by and one of the workers told me to bring my things to front, {she/he} helped me bring it to the front.

A few minutes passed and my new guardian walked in. Him and the worker greeted each other.

He then started to walk closer to me and asked "what was I drawing," I ignored him because I didn't even know what I was drawing. Sometimes I just draw what I'm feeling in that moment, and the drawing can look like a blob to some people so they wouldn't understand.

So I decided not to answer him.

After I didn't answer him, he just told me to gather my things and come on.

~time skip~
\Narrator's pov\
After Eren's things were packed inside Levi's car they got inside and started to head to Levi's home.

To be continued
posted- july 31, 2021
edited- may 17, 2022