||The Scarf||pt9

This is just a simple flashback on how Mikasa received the scarf from Eren. You can skip this part if you want, I don't think this part is really important if it does become important I'll let you know.

*February 10, 2003
~flashback~
Grisha, Eren's father was on his way to the Ackerman's family home along with Eren, his son.

Grisha going to the Ackerman's was nothing new, but for Eren it was his first time. Grisha decided to bring Eren with him this time so he can meet the Ackerman's daughter, Mikasa, since they was going to go to the same school.

Mikasa didn't have any friends while Eren only had one, Armin, so Grisha thought it would be nice for Eren to have another friend while Mikasa can make at least one.

~time skip~reaching the Ackerman's home
Grisha: hears yelling in the near distance; 💭seems like a bad time

Getting closer to their destination only 'cause the yelling started to get louder. When reaching the front Eren saw a little girl run into the woods.

Grisha knocks on the door and then quickly hear the yelling come to a stop.

dad I'm going to go in them woods over there; he points to where he was talking about.

ok but be careful and come back safely because if I come back empty handed I'm pretty sure my grave won't be empty; he said ending it with a nervous chuckle

ok; eren replied back-

He then ran to the path that the little girl ran into, while Mrs.Ackerman went to answer the door to welcome Grisha in.

When Eren reached the path that he assumed the little girl took he began to walk down that path.

After walking down the path for a few seconds he started hearing something, so he began following it. The closer he got the louder and clearer the sound became, he then was able to determine that the sound was something or someone crying.

He started jogging since he knew he was getting closer, his paced slowed as he started to see a shadow. He then noticed that the sound was coming from the shadow, and that the shadow was actually the little girl he saw run into the woods down the path he took.

The path actually led to a cliff with a great view.

He slowly started walking to her, but the little girl didn't even notice from all the crying she was doing.

The little girl was sitting on the ground with her knees to her chest, her arms wrapped around them, with her head buried into her knees, crying.

Once Eren reached her quietly and softly, he gave a light tap on the girl shoulder, which caused her to snap her head back quickly. She looked up at Eren with teary eyes while Eren just stared.

He then sat down next to her and her eyes followed his every movement. When Eren sat down the little girl was just staring at him while Eren was staring off into the distance. After a while she looked away from Eren and stared off into the distance as well.

They was sitting in silence for a while until Eren spoke up, which caused Mikasa to stare at him again.

why were you crying

well it's my birthday and all my parents can do is fight, even though it's normal I just wished that they didn't argue on this day out of all days; she said sniffling.
so whenever they fight I just come out here.

it's your birthday you say.

mmhm.

A light breeze then passed by causing the girl to shiver. Eren took notice in that, which he then took off his red scarf and wrapped it around her neck. She looked at him with wide eyes then turned away with a smile, but he couldn't see it because of the scarf.

think of it as a birthday present, Happy Birthday

thank you; she said kinda quiet from embarrassment but was still heard by Eren.

I'm Eren, he said

I-I'm Mikasa, she replied back

Some minutes passed by and 3 wild hungry bears came out from behind the trees. Eren realized they was going have to fight to survive, luckily he still had the pocket knife in the pocket of his pants(don't question it). Eren ran towards one of the bears and attacked it and took it down, he then ran to the second one and also took it down, but the third bear got the best of Eren and grabbed him which caused him to drop the pocket knife. He turned to Mikasa and said "Fight, you must fight, fight", he said, which caused the Ackerman's ability to be awoken. She picked up the pocket knife that Eren dropped and took down the third bear.

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After that they stayed at the cliff and watched the view in comfortable silence for a few more minutes before heading back to the Ackerman's house where Grisha and Mikasa's parents was. They also became good friends after that. When school began Eren introduced Mikasa to Armin and Armin to Mikasa and the three became really good friends.

During part 10 there's going to be some time skips so I can focus on Levi and Eren's father & son relationship growth  in part 11 because that is what this story really suppose to be about.

To be continued
posted- october 16, 2021