Zach Wilson 7

My phone blasts my ringtone and I pick up when I see it's Caleb

"Alright, I'll meet you there." I say and hang up the phone.

The fucking party.

I drag myself out of my damn room and walk downstairs to see mom and dad sitting on the couch a movie playing on the television.

"I am heading out." I call making them both turn to face me.

"On a school night?" Dad asks.

"I'll be back soon, I promise."

Dad glares playfully at me and I smirk.

"Stay safe." Mom says with a small smile.

I simply nod and walk out.

Sighing I start my bike and drive to Ashley's house.

Ashley is what people call the schools' queen bee. We fucked once but she started getting clingy and also I rarely fuck a girl twice. I told her that and that was the end. Now going to her party— I feel a little awkward.

But well she invited me so I am not gonna say no to a nice party.

⎯⎯⎯⎯

"Alright, that's it. What's up with you lately?" Caleb slaps my shoulder.

"W-"

"Oh, no-no. Not that 'what you mean' bullshit. You know exactly what I mean. The Zach I know would've been shoving his tongue down a hot girl's throat by now and not sitting in a corner sipping his first drink. And let's not pretend like you didn't just turn down the girls approaching you."

Right.

But how do I tell him that our teacher is who's on my mind?

That even with girls approaching me, I couldn't shake her off my head.

That all I wanna do right now is prove some trigonometry identities with her just so I could spend some time with her.

I groaned internally. Could I sound any more sappy?

Thankfully Ava decided to come at the right moment and saved me from answering. But from the look on Caleb's face, I could tell he won't let it go.

"Guys can we go, please. I am tired." Ava pouted.

She's not a party person and I was never so thankful about it till now.

"Yeah let's go. I promised dad that I'll be back soon." I say to both of them.

Ava raises a brow but doesn't say anything.

Great. Now both of them will be on my ass asking questions.

⎯⎯⎯⎯

Once in my room, I plop myself on my bed and stare at the ceiling. A soft sigh escapes my mouth.