Chapter Twenty-Four - Turning Tables

Ethan's POV
Today is the day I find out if I made the team. I'm pretty nervous.
I rolled out of bed and took a shower. I put on a blue v-neck, khaki shorts, blue converse, and a black snapback. I went downstairs and Dad was making eggs and bacon and Kian was on his laptop.
"Hey guys." I said, sitting down at the island.
"Hey Ethan. Lia and I are going out tonight. If you babysit Ariana, you'll get $25." he said.
"Okay. Can I invite Addy over?" I asked.
"Sure." he said.
He handed me my food and I ate. I went back upstairs and brushed my teeth. I put on some cologne, grabbed my stuff, and went downstairs.
Kian came down and we got in the car. We drove to school and I said bye. I got out of the car and found Addy talking to Julie.
I sneaked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist.
"Boo." I said, not trying to scare her.
"Aw I wonder who this is?" Addy said, not turning her head.
"Your hot ass boyfriend." Julie said.
"Watch it." she said.
She turned her head and smiled.
"Hey baby." she said, and pecked my lips.
"Hey. My dad is going out with Lia tonight, so I have to babysit Ariana. You wanna come over later?" I asked.
"Sure." she said.
Nick walked over and we talked a little bit. The bell rang, and we all went inside. I walked Addy to her locker and she got her stuff. We went to my locker and I got my stuff. Then, we went to homeroom.
After School
Right after Art class, I ran to the Gym. The coaches' offices were inside of the gym, and all the boys who tried out were there.
I waited for about 5 minutes and Coach Johnson walked out with a piece of paper in his hand. He taped it to the wall and went back inside. Everyone crowded around the paper. I finally got to read it.
Jake Thomas - 1st base
Devin Richards - 2nd base
Johnny DeLaRosa - Shortstop
Christopher Owens - 3rd base
Nathan Revere - Left Field
Ian Sanchez - Center Field
Casey Leonard - Right Field
Ethan Caylen - Pitcher
Ryan Williams - Catcher
I made the team...I MADE THE TEAM AS THE PITCHER!!!
"Dude you made it!" Ryan said, who was next to me.
"You too!" I said.
I smiled and went back outside. I found Addy and we walked to Kian's car. I told her and she freaked out, in the good way.
"Hey Kian." Addy said.
"Hey what's up?" He said.
"Ethan made the team!" she squealed.
"Nice goin Ethan! I told you you'd make it!" Kian said.
I smiled and we drove home. We pulled up to the house and went inside. Dad was playing with Ariana and Ricky was feeding Luke.
"Dad! Ricky! I made the team!" I said.
"That's awesome!" Dad said.
"Of course you would! You're amazing!" Ricky said.
I smiled and Addy and I went upstairs. We did our homework and watched some TV and may or may not have kissed a few times.
"Ethan, Addy! Come down here!" Dad yelled.
We went downstairs and Dad and Lia were casually dressed.
"Okay, Ricky and Jenn went out but Andrea is watching Luke. Kian went out with some friends. It'll just be you guys till around 9:30. There's $50 bucks on the table for food. Ariana just had her bottle, but give her one at 8 before she goes to bed." Dad said.
"Got it." I said.
"Alright, we will see you guys later." Lia said.
They left and I picked up Ariana from her swing. We played with her for a little and watched Monsters Inc. I ordered pizza at around 7. Addy and I ate and I gave Ariana some baby food.
She ended up spilling it all over my shirt.
"Really Ariana?" I said.
Addy started laughing, so I grabbed some baby food and flung it at her.
"Okay I guess I deserved that." she said, wiping her face with a paper towel.
I laughed and cleaned up Ariana. I set her in her playpen and changed my shirt. At 8, I gave Addy her bottle and changed her into a pink pajama onesie. I put her in her crib and sang to her. She fell asleep and Addy came in. She smiled and kissed my cheek.
"You're such a good brother." She said.
I smiled and kissed her cheek.
"Let's go cuddle." She said.
I smiled and we went to my room. I grabbed my laptop and put on Liar Liar. We laid down on my bed and cuddled.
Halfway through the movie, I got a text.
Unknown: I'm coming...watch out...
What? Who the hell is this?!
"Who is that?" she asked.
"I-I don't know." I said.
Addy's phone went off.
Unknown: I'm here...
At that moment, the lights went out. Everything went black.
"Ethan, get the baby." Addy said.
I ran out of the room and into Ariana's room. I quickly picked her up.
I heard Addy scream. I ran back to my room and she was crying, pointing to the window. There was a dark figure, standing on my balcony.
"Run!" I yelled.
We burst out of the room and ran downstairs. Before we could move another step, the front door flung open. 2 people in all black clothes came in and grabbed me and Addy.
I didn't let go of Ariana.
"HELP!!" Addy screamed.
Ariana started crying and one of the guys stuck something into my arm. My vision started getting blurry...then everything went black...