Interrogations

The group of students all trudged up towards the castle, chatting along the way.

Lily was deep in thought. How did her life go so tragically wrong? As much as she hated James for messing up the timeline, she was so happy she was able to meet her son (if she even wanted to call Harry that).

"Lily? You alright?" James asked. She was the only one not chatting or conversing with the others. The other teens were so engrossed with their own conversations. James decided to go for it. "You seem worried."

Lily looked up, shaking her head to get rid of her thoughts.

"I think I saw a rat, it looked so familiar. I've never seen it though..?"

James' face contorted as quick as lightning. Lily immediately saw the change.

"James?" Lily prompted.

"Was that rat a charcoal grey colour  with a white ear? and had large front teeth?" James asked.

"Yes?"

"I think I knew who that rat was.."

"Who?"

"Pettigrew." James spat.

"Oh."

Hermione, observant as ever, had heard Jily's conversation.

"Pettigrew? Do you know if— do you know if it was the older Pettigrew?"  Hermione asked.

By now they had arrived to the great hall.. The three stopped walking.

"I think so. Last time I checked with Professor McGonagall, Pettigrew was staying in the come and go room." Lily answered.

"Older Pettigrew is wanted by the ministry." Hermione quickly said.

Lily and James both exchanged wary glances and ran towards Remus, Sirius, Harry and Ron...

Time to make a plan.

A/N:
Ah! Thank you so much for 10K readers <3
Also!! Finally updated (: