[NEWT SCAMANDER DRABBLE]

Based on Ed Sheeran's song Happier:

But I guess you look happier, you do / My friends told me one day I'll feel it too / I could try to smile to hide the truth / But I know I was happier with you

Warnings: angst

Word count: 212

It wasn't an easy decision for Newt to break things up with you. He had developed feelings for Tina now, and he felt like it would be better if your ways would separate.

You knew it was coming, you had seen how he looked at Tina, taking attention away from you. You said you understood, even when you could feel your heart shattering. Newt said he was grateful for your understanding, and you smiled at him sadly.

You watched him and Tina become closer, and Newt practically glowed. All your friends told you that you would find such happiness too one day, and you smiled at them, nodding and saying "I know" over and over again to get them to shut up.

You forced out a smile and pretended that you've gotten over Newt. You were happy to see how he was so much happier than with you, his happiness mattered to you more than you wanted to admit.

But even when you found someone new and found happiness within them, you couldn't help but think how you were happier with Newt. You had to just hope that your new love would help you get over the love of your life, find a new love. It was for the best for everyone.