[RON WEASLEY DRABBLE]

Based on Thank You for Being a Friend by Andrew Gold:

And if you threw a party / Invited everyone you knew / Well, you would see the biggest gift would be from me / And the card attached would say / Thank you for being a friend

Warnings: a mention of death but otherwise it's fluffy

Word count: 316

Ron had always been one of your best friends, helped you with your homework (after copying Hermione's answers), being partnered up with you in classes and you hanged out a lot with him and sometimes the rest of the Trio.

Ron was a family friend when you were kids, your family sent a postcard to the Weasley family every once in a while and you talked briefly when you bumped into each other at weddings and other gatherings.

But after you started your first year in Hogwarts, you grew super close, always eating Bertie Botts together and Fred and George always joked that you could grow attached to each other and you still wouldn't realize it.

As you grew, you all got messed up with the growing threat of Voldemort returning and attempts to fight against it, and you weren't together so much anymore. You were apart of Dumbledore's Army, you practiced with Ron, you were there when the battle at the Ministry happened, but then things started growing too dark, and before you knew it, Ron had gone on a dangerous quest to hunt down all the remaining Horcruxes and you couldn't know if you'd ever see him again.

But you did. And by the end of the day, he had lost a brother, and almost one of his best friends - but seeing you after the battle brought a relief on his face as you ran towards each other, capturing yourselves in a hug and after retreating, you took his features in, all the scratches and face you thought you'd never see again.

You let out a little laugh with tears in your eyes, not quite believing you won the battle, taking a hold of his hands and muttered the first thing coming to your mind, "Thank you for being my friend. For coming back."

He smiled. "I would never leave you without saying goodbye."