Chapter 19: Gomuhosu VS Shiketsu High

The grey-skinned Rubber-Hose student quite literally twisted his legs unnaturally into spring shapes then launched off his spot as the buzzer went off.

Everyone watched in shock, and some in disgust. But the jump wasn't enough to get up the tall pyramid. He only rose a few levels above the others and quickly attempted to do it again before someone blasted his ankle with a projectile that instantly turned into freezing water. Within seconds it froze against him.

"Good one, Tadashei!" The bubble-skinned Shiketsu student cheered his nearby classmate.

"It was nothing." The student replied. He had hard white hair that resembled shards of ice that stuck up. "I could do the same to you too after all, Hashi."

"Ha! You'll have to catch me first!" The bubble-skinned student scoffed. He bounced on his feet and rocketed up the steps.

"It seems he can use his bubbles to bounce off of objects!" Gomuhosu thought. "I underestimated these guys and I was too slow!"

"I'd resist the urge to squash and stretch if I were you." The ice-blast Quirk student warned him as he passed by, trying to shoot anyone else rushing up in his field of vision.

Gomuhosu cursed to himself. "I have to break this ice!" He told himself. His hand grew to the size of a bowling ball as it formed a fist and slammed down on his frozen foot. The ice shattered like glass and he was freed.

Immediately, the ice user turned back to fire another blast.

The cartoonish student threw a punch at him, which traveled the few flights of stairs until it hit the opponent straight in the jaw.

"Yes!" Gomuhosu ran up as he retracted his elongated arm, but noticed his whole fist had frozen over.

"You can't get a hit in without getting hit yourself." The ice user said as he staggered on to his feet again. His nose bleeding.

"Man this is so unfair." Eri said.

"But it's realistic." Kota added. "Heroes will face villains with Quirks that can counter theirs all the time. Rubber boy will have to think outside the box here to get past this guy."

"Domo Hashi from Shiketsu High has made it to the top with several others on their way! Will anyone be able to usurp him?!" Present Mic announced loudly.

"Please don't use your Quirk into the mic." Vlad King added.

Gomuhosu and the ice user, Tadashei, both looked up and saw the bubble user holding his ground at the very top as other students attempted to hit or grab him off. But each touch just bounced off his skin before he kicked or shoved them down.

"You're just gonna let him win?" Gomuhosu asked.

"No."

"You know this isn't about school representation, it's about yourself." He insisted.

"I intend to take his place and win. Right after I pick you off." Tadashei stated.

"Then do it. Your obvious bias against my school is clouding your perception, just like your friend there." The rubber student explained.

The ice user blasted at Gomuhosu's feet again, only for the UA student to leap high into the air, but this time instead of running and instead of an obvious attack, he dropped down and flattened himself, slipping under the ice user's feet then ripping himself out.

Tadashei grunted and fell down the steps all the way back to the bottom.

The crowds began to cheer excitedly.