Chapter 10: Conquerer

The group of men who helped Akira Hokori up from the sewer drain had now dragged him to a large mansion just outside of the big city lights.

Akira had gained his strength back and left them in the main room. He marched through the house to a private office space.

"Tanjiro Takei."

An older man in a nice grey suit almost jumped out of his office chair, holding his phone to his ear. "I'll have to call you back. Give me one minute." He said as he hung up and slapped the phone down. "Akira Hokori, you have returned!" He smiled.

Akira marched right up to his desk with anger in his eyes.

"Ah-ah-ah! What is it you want now?!" The older man asked defensively.

"I need to speak to my grandfather." The dust-Quirk user stated.

Tanjiro Takei gulped. "He is not well today. No visitors."

"He's not been well for a long time, Councillor." Akira hissed. "But no more waiting. I need to see him."

"Do you know how the League of Villains gained so much power when they did? They were patient! They waited for their moment to arrive. Are you going to force us to take action before our chance ever comes?"

"Do not compare us to the League!" Akira roared, slamming his fist on the wooden table, causing it to crack through.

Tanjiro frowned and then sighed. "I will give you five minutes with him, then you will let him rest. He's an old man. We won't have his guidance with us much longer."

"But you will always have me." Akira said.

Tanjiro grumbled to himself something about how bad that was for his publicity.

"Give me the key."

The older man pulled a small key from his desk drawer and handed it to the villain.

Akira took it and marched out of the room through another corridor that led right to a large locked door. He inserted the key and let himself in without warning.

Once the door was shut behind, Tanjiro sank back into his chair in relief before pulling out his phone again.

The room there was dark. The curtains were all shut, only glowing lightly from the sunlight outside. Medical equipment lined the head and one side of a large decorated bed in the far center of the spacious room.

An elderly figure lay still in the bed, his head, shoulders, and arms were exposed and he wore nothing but a hospital gown. He seemed asleep, until he spoke.

"Years of fighting and hiding and trying to make a difference... They take a toll on the human body."

Akira, upon hearing his voice, bowed himself before the man.

"Come. Let me see my grandson." He ordered softly.

Akira approached the bedside and knelt down. The old man had wires and tubes coming out of different parts of his face and body, connecting to the various machines around.

"And not everyone can say that they fought All Might and walked away from it." He said rather proudly. But even managing a smile resulted in him coughing loudly.

Akira flinched with every boisterous heave of his chest.

"Young Aki. I am proud to call you my grandson. We just need to wait a little longer..." He said placed a bony hand on Akira's wet cheek.

"Grandfather. I need you to know that everything I've ever done was for you. You've given me a calling I must fulfill. The Purity Alliance must prevail." Akira declared. His voice shook in his throat.

"Say, where is my little Aito? And Miku? Will you send them here for me?" The old man asked.

Akira shook his head. "They're not home now. I need you to do something for me, grandfather."

The elderly patriarch nodded softly. "When can I see them?"

"I need you to trust in me..." Akira said as more tears fell down his cheeks.

"I do trust you, Aki. With my life I do."

Akira nodded. Then, activating his Quirk, particles of dust flew off of his hand that held his grandfather's so tightly, and then flew right into the old man's mouth and nose.

Suddenly he struggled, his body shook in the bed as he attempted to make noise with his weak vocal cords but it was too quiet.

Akira shut his eyes and yanked back his arm. The old man's body went still. His eyes and mouth shut. The heart monitor on the machine flatlined with a constant beep.

His hand grew back to normal and he quickly got up and ran out of the room.

The first person he ran in to was Tanjiro again.

"Akira, what is it?!" He asked, half-expecting to know the news.

"It's grandfather..."

~~~~~~~
1 WEEK LATER
~~~~~~~

Spreading the news went silently. The funeral was silent. And now, Akira sat alone in the large living room of the mansion, having ordered everyone to leave him that way.

He held out a small picture of his grandfather, much younger and healthier. Despite his dark history, he seemed like such a hopeful and happy family man.

Akira respected him as one.

"It had to be done, grandfather. I cannot wait any longer. My Miku and Aito are still out there and our future has just begun."

Suddenly, a flash of light emerged behind him, igniting the room in a magenta glare. And then two people stood before him, Miku and Aito.

No words were said as Akira embraced them both tightly. But something began to creep up on him that hadn't been there at all before so strongly: regret.

Akira's own father was considered spineless and foolish. And yet he was the one who insisted that hiding would bring in their opportunity for power. His only true connection to family was his grandfather, who taught him that power comes from family.

"How did you find us?" Akira asked.

"Kane." Miku replied. "He was a police officer."

"And where is he now?" Akira asked.

"We don't know but he helped us to escape. He knocked out the hero who tried to get to me." She said.

"...Deku." Akira hissed his name. "Not to worry, my darling. It's time we continued my grandfather's legacy. And when we strike, nobody can get in our way."

"So you plan to find more wives for me to toy with?" Miku raised an eyebrow at him.

"Exactly. But you will always come first as my favorite." Akira smirked and kissed her neck.

"But where will you find them?" His loyal wife asked.

"Get me Tanjiro. He has access to the Quirk database, being a member of the House of Councillors after all." The villain commanded. "It's time to rear up the next generation of conquerers."