Chapter 5: Meeting Miku

"1:59pm." The police chief sighed as he tapped his watch.

"Well, he's no Ingenium. He does everything he knows he can." Detective Tsukauchi said as he smiled and shook his head. "He'll be here though. This is an important meeting."

"Yes it is. If he's late, we'll go in and start without him."

"They won't talk unless he himself is here." Tsukauchi explained.

As the time hit 2:00pm, a silhouette appeared from out of the bright, sunny sky. Then a green flash blasted down, catching a few rooftops with long, black tendrils. Then Deku himself landed on one knee and fist on the pavement, leaving a good crack where he now stood.

"Quite the entrance." The police chief grumbled.

"Did you really have to come in that way?" Tsukauchi asked.

Deku looked down at the pavement under his feet and chuckled nervously. "Sorry about that. I saw someone's flying Quirk take them a little higher than they wanted so I intervened on my way here."

"Enough excuses. It's time. Come." The Chief said as he stepped into the police station doors, not waiting for the detective and hero.

"Don't mind him. He just has a thing against younger heroes." Tsukauchi whispered.

"I understand." Deku whispered back and stepped inside.

They escorted him to a small room deep inside the center of the building.

"Don't mind the extra precautions. But you'll need to know some things before you go in and conduct this interview." Detective Tsukauchi said as he pulled Deku aside in the hall.

"Right." Deku nodded.

"You liberated four women and four children from that Purity Alliance hideout. Each of the children have Quirk power levels we've never seen before. They're all at the age where their Quirks have manifested for probably a year now. It's almost like they were born around the exact same time." He went on to explain.

Deku gulped. There was a theory made years ago, only proven more and more with each passing generation, that every new generation of Quirk users not only inherits a little bit of both abilities from their parents, but also a combination of power. It was a concerning theory, because if a child was to be raised incorrectly, their Quirks could be very well used for harming others. Like Eri Aizawa was used long ago, and it took longer than most children to teach her to control her Quirk.

"One of the women is the 'wife' of the man you fought there, Akira Hokori. And one of the children is theirs." The middle aged detective sighed. "It's important to know that both Akira and this woman here are not the first generation to live in this kind of organization."

Now, for some reason, this made Deku wonder what Eri would have turned out to be had she never been rescued. What kind of monster they would have brainwashed her to become.

"Since they were both raised in this lifestyle, they're very hostile and brainwashed to believe in the ways of the Purity Alliance. Get as much information as you can from her. And about the child's Quirk too." He instructed.

Deku nodded. "What about the other women and children?"

"They will be interviewed by the other heroes that were there that night. But we felt it best that you speak with her since you two have more of a... connection."

Deku sighed. "I defeated her husband in front of them. Are you sure about this?"

Tsukauchi smiled. "Just remember: The way to a mother is through her child."