Chapter 23: Pro-Heroes in Action

Deku spotted what appeared to be a large mansion poking out of a hill, the back half of it, or however more it had, was hidden underground. What kind of rich lunatic would build his home so close to the sewer?

The kind he was after.

Wasting no time at all, he flashed up to the front doors and kicked them in.

And there they were.

"Hokori!" Deku shouted as he marched toward the villain and his two guards.

"Good afternoon, Deku. Welcome to my house." He raised his arms not in surrender, but in a sarcastic, welcoming gesture that symbolized the sheer size of the home.

"You've crossed the line, you monster. Where is Uravity?!" The hero snapped as he quickly approached the men. Akira silently ordered them to stand down.

"Being held at gunpoint, in a way." He answered. "She's my prisoner. You cannot just steal her back. She must be bargained for."

"Oh, is that right?" Deku stopped before Akira's face. "And why should I give you even ten seconds to negotiate anything?"

"Because if you move from where you're standing, my wife will shoot her dead." He stated, coldly.

Deku hesitated. "Why did you take her?"

Akira smiled. He knew he found Deku's weakness. "How long have you two been married for? I promise it's relevant."

Izuku glanced at the walls and saw photos of Akira with his family. He sighed. "Almost two years."

"And you've talked about having children, yes?"

Deku flared his nostrils. "Yes. But we haven't planned on that yet."

"I understand. You're both still fresh in your careers. You're busier than ever! Completely justified. However." The villain turned around to face the fireplace on the other side of a grand living room not far from the front doors.

"We noticed on Uravity's medical history that she hadn't refilled her prescription for birth control for about eight weeks now."

The green-haired young hero's heart sank. They knew of their personal medical history? Who gave them access? And if that's true, then Ochako didn't tell him. No, she would never. She would discuss it with him before stopping.

"You're lying." Deku frowned.

"The Purity Alliance is more popular than you understand." Akira smirked. "We've had our hand in conspiracies even Re-Destro and the Meta Liberation Army would only dream of. Heroes and celebrities? They can be bought. What about doctors, politicians, lawmakers, historians, educators, bank-tellers? We've bred them for generations."

Deku was about to protest when Akira interrupted for more. "We follow all the heroes from their social media influences to their bank records. And why wouldn't we follow the world's greatest hero and his powerful wife? Your children would be unstoppable. And even if the rumors are true your Quirk can't be passed on, your wife has a fire in her that I fell in love with since she challenged Dyna-Might at your UA Sports Festival all those years ago. I told my father I wanted her."

Black Whip wrapped around his neck and tightened, but he slipped through it, decapitating himself only for his head to slide back into place. Deku watched as dust particles sealed up anything that could have been a deadly wound to anyone else.

"And now, she's mine. But that's not all." He laughed. "We've got eyes on UA once again. With power like that, our children would be gods."

Eri.

Deku activated One For All and tackled the villain. But Akira disintegrated under his grip and reformed slowly to the side.

Before he could fully regenerate however, Deku used his Air Force gauntlets to blast the growing tower of dust apart.

The two henchmen, the villains from the train, each rushed the hero and reached for his arms, but Danger Sense kicked him out of their way as he spun around in the air, thwipping them both with Black Whip. The tentacles pulled them in closer where Deku roundhouse kicked them both in the head.

Akira regenerated during this time, laying on the ground and holding his radio. "Miku! Kill the hero!"

"She's gone!" Miku replied through the radio static.

His face fell stiff with shock. "...What?!"

"She knocked me unconscious and ran away! She couldn't have gone far..."

Deku's iron sole pressed down on Akira's chest.

"Sounds to me like you lost something." He smiled.

Akira looked up at the hero from the corner of his eye and furrowed his brow. "You heroes never make it easy..."

"You underestimated the strongest female hero in all of Japan. It was never going to be easy for you." Deku explained as Black Whip emerged from his wrist and wrapped around Akira's body.

He turned to dust once again but began spinning the particles all around the room.

First, it became hard to see and hear outside of the blowing dust that circled Deku. Then it became hard to breathe. He threw on his mask and fired Air Force from his wrists but it did little to stop the dust storm.

"You cannot defeat what you cannot touch! I will enter your lungs and rip you open from the inside!" Akira's voice called from within the clouds of dust.

Deku roared out and stomped his boot on the floor, generating a gust of wind that blew in all directions from the resulting crater.

Akira was heard screaming as his dust went away.

Immediately, the two henchmen recovered and charged him as his vision was cleared.

Stone landed a punch against Deku's mask, breaking it off his face in a single blow. While Jersey grabbed his shoulders and began flying up into the high ceiling.

Stone opened the broken front doors to let Jersey carry the hero outside high into the air.

Deku activated Black Whip and let the tendrils swing around wildly in the air, cutting and smacking the monstrous villain holding him.

"Agh! AUGH!" He roared as his claws opened up and Deku was dropped to the ground far below.

As he landed, he activated Float just a meter away from a hard landing. Only for Stone to come at him again with another punch to the chest.

Akira reformed his body and grunted as he felt his Quirk compress his body. The dust particles tightened up together like sediment forming rock and he charged the One For All user, until he felt a pressure on his back and his legs lifted him off the earth.

"Wha- WHAT?!" He cried out as his body floated up. He jerked his head back to see Uravity still in her hospital gown, proud of the fact that she did that to him.

She dashed away and tapped Stone, swinging around and kicking him away to float helplessly in the air.

"Hi, honey." She smiled.

Deku dropped down and ran to give her a big hug. The kind that lifts the girl off her feet and spins her around, followed by an embrace of the lips. But before they could get that far, he stopped them and jerked their bodies out of the way as Jersey came flying past.

"This isn't over, heroes! We're everywhere! Even now we're achieving our goals while you prolong the inevitable!" He called to them as he circled back ready to fight.

"I knew you'd come for me." Uravity said to him as she posed for combat.

"I knew you'd escape. I just thought you might need a good distraction." Deku smirked.

"As soon as we're out of this, we need to get to UA." She told him.

"UA? What's at UA?"

"The Purity Alliance."