Chapter 9: The Dorm Rooms

The day had reached its end. The classmates had all wandered out from the school towards their new dorm. Katsuma was, as usual, very excited.

"Just like Deku and the other heroes back when they attended this school!" He said pumping his fist into the air.

"Heck yeah!" Eri cheered.

They welcomed Gomuhosu into their little group to walk with them and see their new rooms. Kota followed behind Eri.

"Hey, we should show off our dorm rooms!" Eri suggested.

"Good idea. Showing our sleeping quarters is a good sign of trust." Gomuhosu stated with his emotionless face.

Kota grimaced. "I'm not doing that."

"Too bad because I'm gonna barge into your room anyway." Eri smirked.

The foursome made their way inside and to the first door on the girls' side.

"Welcome to my humble abode." She declared as she literally kicked open her door with her shoe.

Inside was surprisingly minimalist aside from the fangirl paraphernalia. There were clear influences on her taste from her various guardians and heroes throughout her childhood. Everything from a full cardboard cutout of Deku, to vintage action figures of Lemillion, Suneater, and Neijirechan. For a big fan of heroes, she was fairly modest in comparison to her friends.

Katsuma let himself inside first and marched right up to the cutout of the hero Deku. "I know this suit! This was the suit he wore before his trademark air force gloves!"

Eri smiled proudly. "Mhmm!"

"You seem to be attached to all these heroes. If I recall, they all came together to...rescue you from the Yakuza?" The grey-skinned fourth member of their gang questioned.

Eri's cheeks grew warm at the memories of all her saviors from that day. And she remembered the day she found out that Sir Nighteye had died during the fight, when she was a little older. "They all did so much just for me. Just one little girl lost. Those are the heroes I believe in and they've inspired me to strive for the same. I want to save lost children just like I was." She admitted.

Katsuma patted her back. "Deku and his class sacrificed so much to protect me. I owe it to all of them too."

"And let's not forget Deku breaking himself to protect Kota." Gomuhosu added.

"Say one more thing about that and you'll be begging for Deku to come save you, Roger Rabbit!" Kota barked in his direction.

Eri suddenly burst out laughing. Soon each of them cracked a laugh, even Kota couldn't stop himself from smiling.

"What do you think guys? Do we make a good Deku fan club?" Katsuma asked after their laughter died down.

"I think you do." Gomuhosu said with a small smile.

"Break up this mushy stuff. It's time for y'all to see my room." Kota marched toward the doorway jamming a thumb in his chest.

The first reaction Katsuma gave was a big laugh. On the farthest wall was a big colorful poster for the Wild! Wild! Pussycats!

At first Kota was confused, then he knew exactly what Katsuma was laughing at and blushed angrily. "My aunt insisted I have something to represent them by. They are the ones who looked after me all these years." He glared at Gomuhosu silently threatening him if he made any references to what happened in his past.

Everything else in his room was modest. A small weight training set in the corner, reading desk, and an even bigger poster for the hero Deku, signed of course.