Chapter 2: The Fanboy

Katsuma's train took him from the ship toward Tokyo. As he waited in his seat with his luggage, he continuously checked his phone for updates.

He had been keeping track of the hero Deku's latest adventures. The Hero Commission Agency kept placing him wherever sightings of the Purity Alliance happened. Anywhere suspected Alliance activity was taking place.

Having less than an hour left, he checked his suitcase and personal belongings for inventory. The train halted for another stop as he did so.

Some people left while more got on. Two people sat in the bench beside him. A woman with dark brown hair that curled up like an apple. And a boy who could be her son, about Katsuma's age, who sat right next to him with a less-than-pleased look on his face. Either in a bad mood, or everything seemed to annoy him at once.

It made Katsuma shift in his seat a little uncomfortably. He decided to ignore the two and go back to his belongings. Checking his red shoes, he glanced over and realized that the boy next to him had the exact same red shoes on. Tall, going over the ankles and pants, with black laces and a white trim for the bottom.

They weren't the coolest of shoes, but Katsuma got them solely because they were the shoes of his favorite hero Deku. Not even his merchandise but quite literally the shoes he wears under his support gear for his costume.

Katsuma sat up and smiled at the boy. Maybe he could break some ice and become friends with him.

The boy's eyes looked over, not really moving his head. Although he didn't look quite as irritated at Katsuma, his look didn't quite go away either.

"Where did you get your shoes from?" Katsuma asked.

The boy raised his eyebrow.

"He's talking to you, Kota. Answer him." His mother nudged.

The boy sighed. "None of your business."

"Kota!" His mother turned towards him and frowned. "He got them because of his favorite hero."

Now the boy, Kota, turned back to her with daggers in his eyes. "Shino!" He snapped.

"Me too!" Katsuma smiled wide and raised his foot to show off one of his shoes.

"Big deal. Everyone knows who he is now." Kota rolled his eyes.

Katsuma's smile dropped. Was it worth it to make friends with this stranger?

"Where are you off to, might I ask?" The woman questioned politely. Keeping this conversation must have meant that she didn't want to give up on at least being nice to Katsuma.

"Hmm? Oh. I'm going to stay with my grandparents for a few days while I take the UA High entrance exam!" He said confidently.

Kota chuckled. "Oh really? You?"

"You don't know anything about me." Katsuma frowned.

"I know that you're a fanboy. And fanboys are always the first to drop once they realize how tough hero life can actually be." The boy smirked. He tightened his hat over his dark spiked hair and sat back.

Katsuma felt his cheeks blush a little as he struggled to say anything back. "Deku was a fanboy, wasn't he?"

"Yeah well he also had an impressive Quirk and the ability to adapt to any situation. What do you have?" Kota asked.

Katsuma knew that if he answered, it would just become a joke. Still, he sat up in his seat and said boldly. "Cell Activation."

Kota lurched forward and laughed for a moment. "Cell Activation." He chuckled again. "You think you have what it takes?"