Chapter 7: The Class

To avoid any possible biases, any student with blood-relation to a teacher, must not be placed into the homeroom with that very teacher. Despite Aizawa's history of never liking his students enough to have an actual bias, Principal Nezu knew that he is still human. And his history with Eri, ever since he met her as a traumatized little child, could affect that.

Eri was assigned to the Hero Course, Class 1-B. She walked down the hall in her brand new UA uniform jacket, shirt, tie, skirt, and socks, with a skip in her step as she went. She'd walked these halls before, but this was the first day that it actually meant something far deeper. She owed it all to people who attended this school and walked these halls for saving her life and giving her the chance to make something more of it than the granddaughter of a Yakuza.

It was her choice to become a hero and save children in need like heroes had done for her. And it starts here and now.

As she stepped into the classroom, however, she was suddenly knocked off her feet.

"Without a second to think, you're ambushed by a villain!" Someone said.

Reorienting herself, Eri opened her eyes to see an older gentleman with his foot against her stomach, pinning her to the wall. But his body was still where the teacher's desk should be.

His leg was stretched across the front of the room, holding her back.

"Act quickly! No time to think! Use your basic instincts!" He ordered.

Eri grabbed his foot and tried to pull it off straight forward. Having no effect was not a surprise to her, but it gave her a moment to remember training her adoptive father gave her.

"You never want to charge something head-on. I know how much heroes like Deku and Lemillion mean to you, but their fighting styles are unique." Aizawa told her as she mirrored his slower martial arts movements in a private gym.

"That's the nicest thing you've ever said about their fighting styles." Eri smirked.

"Because even they aren't safe. To this day they're still foolish and reckless. Always be agile and think quickly. Your opponents will be bigger, meaner, and yet their goals and minds are clear: take you out." Aizawa said.

Suddenly, he swung his leg in her direction. Eri ducked the attack and lunged at him, but his capture device wrapped around her body and closed in.

She breathed again and pushed this mysterious teacher's foot out of the way at an angle where she was neither pushing forward, nor tossing it aside. The extended limb wobbled as it was knocked off of her.

"Good start, Ms. Aizawa." The teacher smiled. "Take your seat."

Eri panted proudly, not used to defending herself in a high school uniform, and walked over to the assigned desk in the center of the room. On one side of her was her friend Kota.

"Hey!" She smiled and whispered to him as she sat herself down.

Kota waved to her, lightening the look on his face for a moment to silently say hello.

Just before the bell rang, none other than Katsuma ran through the doorway and immediately tried walking to his seat.

"Fast. But not fast enough, Mr....?"

Katsuma stopped in his tracks and slowly turned to face his new teacher.

"Sh-Shimano... Katsuma Shimano." He said after quickly clearing his throat and clutching his bag tighter.

The teacher narrowed his eyes. "Well, every few students that came in, I tested them in some way in regards to physical defense. Since you were almost late, I think I'll use you as my test dummy for today."