Chapter 3 - Sara

I close Simon's door. I sigh, relieved that he didn't notice something was up. It breaks my heart to see him in this pain. Pain I could have avoided, possibly. But how could I ever tell him I knew August released the video? I would also have to admit what happened between August and me. I cringe when I think about it. How could I ever be so stupid to fall for that guy?
I know he's terrible. I mean, he ruined Wilhelm and Simons life just because he was feeling petty. And the way he treated Felice, I knew he was toxic.
But he was also the first guy ever who paid attention to me. He made me feel seen, pretty even.

My phone buzzes. It's Felice. 'Hi, how you doing? How's Simon holding up? Can we call?'
Shit. She's the last person I want to talk to. I could never look her in the eyes without feeling guilty. She became my best friend over the past few weeks and I went behind her back. 'Sorry, feeling a bit sick. Can't call. Simon's OK, I think.' I text back. Right before I turn my phone off, I see another text coming in.

"Hello Sara. I know that you're probably mad at me right now, but I would love to talk to you soon. You can block me if you want, but I hope to hear from you. I miss you. Merry christmas. Dad"

Dad?! How the hell did he get my number? I storm into the living room, where my mom is clearing of the dinner table. 'Mom, did you give my fucking number to Dad?' I say, almost screaming. Moms eyes widen, but she doesn't say anything. I can see in her eyes it was her. 'I knew it was you! Why did you do that? You know I don't want to talk to that asshole!'

'Sara, please calm down,' she begs, 'I just talked for a few minutes with him after you got mad at him, at Hillerska that night. It seems like he really misses you. I think he wants to reconnect with you.' 
'I don't care if he misses me! I have told you a thousand times that I don't want to see him. You went behind my back!'. In a flush of anger, I push my mom against the wall. She hits her elbow. I can see she's hurt, tears are coming up in her eyes.

'Sara.' she says with a trembling voice. 'What is going on? What happened to you?'
I stay quiet. If I'd open my mouth right now, I would probably cry.

'You changed so much in the last few weeks. It feels like someone took my Sara away from me and gave me a distant, angry daughter back. What happened?' my moms voice becomes more silent with each word and I can see she's about to cry. I try to hold back my tears.

I swallow. 'Nothing. Nothing happened. Just don't ever talk Dad again. Please.'
Mom nods, still rubbing her elbow. I leave and run to my bedroom. I fall on bed, and this time I don't hold my tears back.

How could I ever tell her what is really going on?