Chapter 7 - Simon

I get no response.

'Wille? Did you hear me?' I say. 'Yeah. Yes, I did. I just wasn't sure if you really said it or if my mind made it up.' Wilhelm finally responds.

I grin and say: 'I love you, Wilhelm. I could say it over and over if you'd want me to.'
He smiles and places my hand on his chest. 'I love you too. But you already know that, I believe,' he says, sounding a bit bittersweet. He's obviously talking about the last time we saw each other, at Hillerska. I immediately feel guilty.

'Yes, I do know. And I'm sorry I didn't say it back then. I was terrified, and feeling alone. I didn't want to give you my heart while we were getting ripped apart. But there's no point in denying my feelings for you, Wille. No matter where we are or who's trying to get in between us.' I respond.

I look at Wilhelm and take a look at the emotions in his eyes. I can always read a lot from him by looking in his eyes, it's one of the first things I noticed about him when we met. Right now, I see pain and struggle, but I also see a shy smile appearing around his lips. Those are also a place of his face I look at often. Does he notice me when I stare at his lips?

I lean in to kiss him. Our lips meet halfway and I feel like I'm floating. I missed his touch. We start out gentle, but I know we're both longing for more.

I pull away. 'Do you have someplace you need to be this night?' I ask. Wilhem gives me a mischievous look. 'No?' he responds.
'You want to get back to my place?' I ask him.

He stands up, offers me his hand and pulls me up. 'Hell yes, I do,' he says. I plant a kiss on his nose before we walk away and grab his bike. I didn't notice until now how absurdly small his bike was until now. 'Yo, what is up with that bike? Aren't you a little too... big for that?'

'Well, when a boy calls me in the middle of the night, asking to meet up, there's not a lot of time to come up with a better idea,' Wille says laughing. 'Come on, you can sit on the carrier.'

I take a look at the bike. Doesn't seem like a bike that's strong enough for two people. 'Eh, are you sure that's gonna work?' I ask. 'Well, we won't know until we try it.'

'Alright, alright. You still know the route to my house?' I ask when I jump on the back of his bike. 'Of course,' says Wilhelm.

We get home and walk to the front door. I press my finger on Wilhelms lips. 'We've got to be really silent. I can't wake my mom and Sara up,' I say. 'Yeah, of course. It's not like it's the first time we have to sneak around,' he says with an already too loud giggle. I give him a look.

'I'm sorry. I'll be silent. For real.'

We get to my room and I close the door carefully. Wille looks around and walks up to the fish tank. 'Olle, oski and...' he mumbles to no one but himself, 'and Felle?'.

'You remembered their names?' I ask, slightly surprised. 'No I didn't,' Wille says while he turns red. 'Yes, you did. You remembered the names of my fish,' I tease him. 'Don't worry, it's cute. Like really cute.'

I grab him by his collar and pull him towards me. I make sure the door is locked and kiss him. I kiss him like we are making up for the time we lost this past week, like we're desperate for each other. Desperate for each others touch, for the feeling of each others skin.

Wille puts his hands around my neck and and whispers: 'you're handsome, Simon. Really handsome. You look so good. It's hard to keep my eyes off you when you're wearing that sweater.'

I smile. He kisses me right under my jawline.

His voice turns mischievous. 'But maybe... you'd look even better with it off.'