Chapter 3||Nearly Close To Being Busted

It's Tricky-Run Dmc

Evie's POV
I walked in the next day with a small day bag trailing behind me. People stared at my bag and I just gave them a smile.

Bitches.

Everyone here in Ashfield judged you even before they knew you. I can tell you.

On my first day, all I could hear was-
'why is she smiling all the time? It's not freaking Christmas.'

So in the past few years my frown just grew longer and longer. High school stress, gossip, teachers, homework etc. kept you on your toes. It was exhausting. Eventually, my frown was so long I looked like a demented llama.

I was so wrapped up in thoughts I ran into the end of the corridor.

Or not.

I stared at 'the wall' in front of me. Zach.

"Sorry. I didn't see you there." I blushed.

God. He'll see right through me. I'm so busted.

He scrunched his eyebrow in confusion.

"Arianna? What are you doing here?"

"My name is not Arianna."

His shoulders quickly relaxed, and a carefree smile zapped its way onto his lips once again.

"I'm sure you just wanted a piece of this." He gestured to his broad chest smiling arrogantly.

"No I don't."

"Yes you do, I mean girls would kill to be in your position now."

"Na-ah"

"Mm-hm" he shook his head with a know-it-all look plastered on his face.

"Ok. Can we move on now? Zach, your so dumb sometimes, the girl was just not looking where she was going." His friend spoke up next to him. He had dark hair which flopped over his face in a cute way, but he had a really intimidating figure.

"Shut up, Max. When I want your opinion I'll ask for it."

"You guys fight like my grandparents. It's quite cute." I remarked and immediately blushed after realizing what I said.

Max cracked up, and linked his arm into Zach's.

"We could be the 'it' couple Zach. What do you think?"

"That we need to change the damn subject and stop acting gay."

My highly unattractive laughing seemed to pull them out a mental war, and Zach turned to me.

Icey snakes began to slither down my back.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"That's a secret I'll never tell." I replied.

Then I froze. I had sent him that. In a text. I gulped.

He was obviously suspecting something too because his eyes narrowed as he looked at me.

Then he shrugged, a smirk forming on his face again.

"I guess we'll see you around then."

I nodded constrictively.

After they were out of sight I let go of my breath and relaxed my shoulders.

That was too close.

<> <> <> <>