Chapter 8||This Guy is a Keeper

Evie's POV

"Stop shitting bricks Evie. Get detention and roll with it." Chloe said.

We were currently wrapped in the duvet on Chloe's bed. Eating chocolate.

Every girls' comfort zone.

"I've never got a detention before. I was planning on growing up into an adult and boasting to my kids how they were worse than me when they got their first detention. I'd probably feel bad afterwards and comfort them by saying I had no social life, but hey, I would've felt proud about something."

"Why are we acting like the world is ending here? I'm pretty sure whenever I have you around you hang around like a wet blanket. Come on! Let's go watch Step Up. I'm sure Channing Tatum will make you feel better."

"Not so sure about the insult, but I'm sure about Channing Tatum."

***

"Hey kids, it's 7:30! Aren't you supposed to leave at 7:40? I don't know anymore, but get your asses moving!"

Chloe's mom's voice was like a skill karate scream. I sat up suddenly and in doing so fell off the couch, dragging the duvet, the next minute Chloe was suffocating me cause she was on top of me.

Soon enough I heard footsteps and Chloe's mom walked into the room.

"Is there something you kids aren't telling me?" She asked, questioningly. She looked pretty fierce with a spatula on one hand and the other set firmly on her hip. Her blonde was scraped into a bun and she had a baby pink apron on.

"Nope." I said but since Chloe's arm was on me, it sounded like 'umphh.'

"Ok. But get ready, otherwise I won't be able to drive you." At this Chloe seemed to wake up.

"It's ok mom, we'll take my bike."

Man, I hate motorbikes.

***
"Aaaaahhhhggggg!" I screamed while Chloe 'wooped' in joy.

"Are you trying to kill me?" I shouted.

"Well, your going to get killed anyway soooo...it wouldn't make that much of a difference." She shouted back, giving me a sympathetic smile.

"Ohhhh, shut up." I mumbled, and hugged her stomach even harder.

After about five minutes of awkward silence, we arrived at school. I quickly slid off the motorbike and ran inside. Chloe parked her bike and followed me in. We ran to our lockers and got our books.

"I'll see you at lunch, ok. Be strong Evie. You'll be fine." She gave me a hurried hug and ran down the corridor to her class.

I turned on my heel and walked to the history classroom, muttering a prayer.

***

I was currently sitting at the back. Hoping that Miss Witmore was either dead or sick. But she was never ill, so maybe an old competitor could have murdered her-

I stopped thinking when she walked through the the door slamming it loudly. While she was leisurely setting out her stuff on the table, the whole class was sitting so still that statues would've been proud of us. No one said a word.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. Naturally, I turned back.

When I looked over my shoulder I saw Zach. He pointed at his essay (yes, that's right, his essay. Even a badass like him did the essay.) I shrugged and mouthed, 'I didn't have my books at home.' He took out a pen and scratched out something at the top. He then held out the essay to me.

'Are you sure?' I mouthed.

'Yeah. I've been in detention loads of times.' He answered back.

So I took the paper.

"Right! I hope all of you have done your essays. Has anyone not done it?" Miss Witmore walked down the corridor, like a predator stalking it's pray.

Zach and Max casually raised their hands.

"Mr Murphy, detention after school for the next month please. Mr Edwards, same for you. I expected better from you two."

What?? That's all they get?

When Alishka Singh did that last week, she was shouted at so badly that she was crying, and I have never seen her cry before. When Christian 'Do-Gooder' Finn did it he had community service for a week. This was not fair.

The rest of the class was blur, but I was itching to tell Chloe how chivalry still existed.
Because what the hell...it actually did.

Finally the bell rang. Everyone got up and packed away their things.

"Hey Zach!" He turned around.

"Thanks! If there's anything I can do..." I trailed off and felt a rogue blush on my cheek.

Darn it! This boy...

"Yeah. There is one thing." He leant in close until I could feel his breath fan across my ear. I could hear my heart thudding around.

"Tell me your name." He leant back.

"Ummm...my name is Ana."

"No, it's not."

"Ruth."

"No."

"If you know my name, why are you asking me?"

"I want to hear you say it." He shrugged, as if that was the most simple thing in his life.

"Fine. My name is Chloe."

"It's Evie! Don't you know your own name?"

"But now you confirmed it, I don't have to say it.

"Why don't you like saying your name?"

"It sounds really weird when I say it."

As I started walking out, Zach told me to wait up.

So I walked out next to Zach.

***

Hi! Another update today. Btw, I changed the storyline so chapter 3 is slightly different now. Just check that out cause then this chapter will make more sense. Thanks. PLEASE DONT BE SILENT READERS IT KILLS ME.