goodbye, my friend

If you've been keeping up to date with my stories, you know what this is.

An explosion rocked Nicholas' world to the core. The mountainside crumbled under the force of the dynamite.

"Shit!" he muttered under his breath. "They found us."

The Skylars had attacked. They'd begun their conquest at the time when no one expected it. Swift, fast, and devastating attacks occurred all over Starland, and Rancora is with them.

Nicholas cursed his luck as Skylars appeared behind them. He was evacuating the survivors of Starland City up north, to the Assassin Stronghold when they were intercepted by none other than the Chancellor's forces themself.

The valley he was getting the survivors through was blocked off at the entrance... making the only way out a kilometre ahead of them.

"Go!" He roared at the trucks carrying the survivors. "I'll hold them off. Follow the maps on the holograms and get to safety!"

Be careful Nicholas. Piper reminded him. We won't be able to help you right now; you're too deep into the valley for immediate reinforcements. I'll lead my group of survivors to find yours.

Ok, Piper. Nicholas responded. I'll be careful.

He leapt off the lead truck, rolling to absorb the impact as the other trucks sped past him.

As the last of the trucks sped off into the distance, he can see the Chancellor's army marching forward; a couple of hundred ODSTs armed to the best of their abilities, with the Chancellor in the lead.

"Well Well Well." the Chancellor said. "If it isn't the Frostborn in the flesh..."

"If it isn't the vilest, disgusting thing I have ever seen." Nicholas retorted. "Even a plastic surgery can't help with the face."

The Chancellor growled, his eyes narrowing. "You've been a real thorn in my side for so long, Nicholas. I think it's time for you to go. All parasites have a death."

"Well, I see myself as the tongue-eating louse," Nicholas said. "Y'know, the kind that eats fish tongues and then becomes the tongue? Yeah... unless you want your tongue gone, I think it's best to let me go."

"How poetic." the Chancellor said. "But poetry can't save someone from death."

"Well, it can save some depressed people," Nicholas said. "Someone has to stop the things you've been doing. That face alone is enough to send someone into the deepest ends of depression."

An ODST beside the Chancellor aimed his gun at him, though the Chancellor quickly lowered it. "A good argument," he said instead, gritting his teeth. "But you must realize that you are fighting for a lost cause. Change sides, and I will pardon your past crimes for a chance in our new empire."

"Interesting."

"You and your friends have already lost." The Chancellor said. "What have your current leaders done? Nothing. They don't think about the people. So I offer you a new purpose to fight for."

"Interesting."

"Considering my offer?" The Chancellor asked. "Good, as it's just death beyond this-"

"Oh, you were talking?" Nicholas asked. "I was looking at a piece of poop on my star-zap- it's so much more interesting than you and your monologue."

"Then I will have your corpse!" He yelled, outraged.

"And I won't have it any other way," Nicholas responded. They prepared for battle.

You just roasted one of the most powerful people ever. Piper said. DO YOU HAVE A DEATH WISH!?!?!?!?