04 .

SKIPPING CLASS IS
WRONG. WHY WAS SHE
FOLLOWING THIS MAN'S
ACTIONS?

This wasn't like her. The past two days, this man had been bothering her and she had already joined in on his criminal antics.

"How did you even get me out of class? What was on that note?" She was confused. God, had this ruined her perfect attendance record?

"Don't worry princess," he says opening the school door for her, "I had a friend doing owe me a favor. Your perfect attendance record is not going to be ruined. Let's just say you're the temporary soccer manager."

"But I'm not."

Finn huffed. "Don't you think I know that? Jeez," he says as he pulls a set of keys out of his pocket, "now I know what Sasha wanted you to loosen up. You're so stuck up."

Bayley kept quiet. Of course, he would agree with her. He was the worst kid in the school. He's had sex with practically all the girls in the school, he's gotten arrested on a couple of assault charges, and he doesn't care about his studies. Of course, he would agree with Sasha on how she should loosen up and have fun. That's all he ever knows.

"Would you get in?" He says, making her look at him. He was standing behind an open car door. "Where are we going?"

"Bayley, get in the car."

She huffed in exasperation as she sat in the car and placed her bag in her lap as he closed the door and made his way across to the driver's seat and sat down.

She watched him put his hand on the gearshift and pulled out of the parking spot, making her put on her seatbelt. He snickered. "OK, Ms. Goodie-two-shoes," he said before following her actions. "Hold on, I don't follow speeding regulations."

The two stayed quiet in the car before Finn turned on the radio, rock music blasting in the car, making her jump. He laughed at her actions as he began to tap his hand on the steering wheel. Getting annoyed with the obnoxious noise, she turned the radio off.

"Dude, what was that for?"

"This music is annoying. Leave it off."

Finn scoffed as he pulled over and parked a car in front of an apartment complex. She looked next to her. "Where are we?"

He got out of the car and walked over to the passenger side of the car and opened it. "My house. Come on."

"Can you just take me back to school? Please." Finn shook his head. "You promised to help me study. I wanna study in my house, so here you are." Bayley huffed as she got out of the car, putting her bag on her back. "How is this your house?"

Finn opened the door for her as the two walked through. "My brother rents it, he's married, I don't like living with my parents, this is my house. Now, would you stop asking questions and get in?"

The two were annoyed with each other, but she knew that he was her ride home. "Suck it up," she thought to herself.

The two walked down the hall of the first floor and stopped at a door labeled 1F. Finn took out the same set of keys and placed them in the keyhole. "I don't like shoes in the house. Leave them by the door."

Bayley slipped off her sneakers and grabbed them in her hand before walking into his apartment. She watched him put his shoes by the edge of the door, making her follow.

She started to look around at her surroundings. She wasn't going to lie, the apartment was beautiful. There were a lot of windows, exposing the sunlight to the apartment. Everything looked neat and tidy as if no one even lived here. To say she was shocked was an understatement.

Finn saw the look on Bayley's face and smiled. "Nice right?" She turns her head to face him, blushes, and nods. "We should probably get to work," she says putting her bag down on the table.

"Oh come on," Finn whines as he sits on the couch. "Let's watch a movie or something."

"Finn, I didn't get in the car with you to watch a movie. I'm here to help you study. That's what you said you wanted."

"Well, now what I want is for you to sit on the couch and watch a movie with me. Then, we'll study." She was getting upset. She had to clear the rest of her schedule to help this man, and now she's not even doing what she was originally promised to do.

"Can you just take me home?" She begged. He shakes his head. "Movie, study, home. That's the plan. Unless you wanna call Sasha and explain to her why you're at her boyfriend's best friend's house."

Wow. Was he serious right now? He was going to use that card?

"Fine. Make it a quick movie."

Bayley sat down next to him on the couch as he flipped through the channels. He stopped at something, and Bayley noticed the horror and gory stuff that was on the screen making her turn away.

Finn chuckled at her. "Come here, princess," he said before wrapping his arm around her shoulders. Why did he smell good?

Bayley looked up and saw that the scene was gone, making her pull off of him. "What am I doing here, Finn?"

"Hm?" He asks, not taking his eyes off the television.

"There are so many other smart girls in this school that would've been willing and able to help you and you chose me. We're not even studying. We're watching, god knows what the hell this even is. Why me?"

He takes the remote and mutes the TV and faces her. "I told you. I don't want some bum that I don't like or trust. I feel like I'll learn better from you. That's why you're here."

"What do you mean like? You like me?" He smiles as he turns the TV back on.

"That's impossible, you can't like me. You don't even know me," she retaliates. "I've watched you for the past four years. Trust me. I can do whatever I want."

Bayley silenced herself as she thought about what she was just told. How can he like her? That doesn't make sense.

"Stop thinking, princess. Nothing's gonna happen," he whispers as he looks down at her. Her heart was beating out of her chest. She looked down at his lips. They looked so plump and full and delicious. Just a small taste...

He noticed where her eyes were, and a smirk crept along his face. "Do it," he whispered.

She bit her lip and did it. She kissed him right on the lips.

[ edited 08-13-2021]
[ word count 1132 words ]