Kiss

(A couple hours later)
Noah's POV:
I walked into history class and decided to sit next to Bryce. I looked over at Dixie and she was focused on her work. I'm hoping we can hang after school.

Dixie's POV:
I was working on my assignment when Noah walked in. He sat next to Bryce and started working. I'm hoping that we can hang out after school. I was honestly still surprised that Noah said he was a virgin. But I guess it's kinda nice knowing that if in a crazy world we ended up together he wouldn't just use me.

(1 hour later school is over)
Noah's POV:
I was about to get in my car when Dixie came up to me and said "Hey do you wanna come over?" "yeah I would love too" I said
We both got in our cars and drove to Dixie's house. We went inside and I got to meet her sister charli. She left for a sleep over though so it's just me and Dix. We went up to her room to watch a movie. While we were watching the movie she said "hey wanna cook some dinner?" "yeah sure" I said. We went downstairs and started cooking. I grabbed some flour and threw it at her face "Haha!" I said as I was laughing "Heyyy!" she grabbed some flour and threw it in my hair "ohh when your the one doing it it is funny!" she said while laughing. I also laughed. She leaned against the counter just smiling. I went up to her and looked her in the eyes. God I wanted to kiss her so bad. We looked each other in the eyes. I grabbed her waist and gently pulled her towards me, I started leaning in when suddenly she said "Noah I'm sorry I can't" she took my hands off her waist and walked over to the other side of the counter, "I'm sorry Noah I can't..." she said sounding really sorry, "oh..." I was embarrassed. She just... Rejected me... "Why?.." I asked "I'm just not ready for a relationship and it's all moving so fast. We've known each other for a couple days... I'm sorry" she said honestly. "Well would you ever wanna date me?" I asked "I don't know..." she said. It kinda hurt my heart. Does she not trust me? Did I do something?? I asked myself  "Did I do something?..." I asked her "No not at all you've been a great friend it's just..."

Dixie's POV:
Noah just tried to kiss me. And honestly I kinda wanted too as well. But I'm scared. I dont wanna get hurt again. My ex abused me mentally and physically. I'm too scared to put myself out there again. And he just asked me if he did something. I wanna tell him the truth about my ex I really do but I'm not the type of person to talk about my feelings or my past.
"No not at all you've been a great friend it's just..." I didn't know what to say. Do I tell him? Maybe I can tell him but not tell him.. "Um.... It's just... Last time I had a boyfriend he cheated on me so I'm kinda scared to trust" which is kinda true. He did cheat on me. So technically I wasn't lying. I just didn't tell him the rest. That's ok? Right? "Oh... I'm sorry Dixie. But I'm not like that, I'm not the type of guy to do that too a girl" he said. I honestly felt bad for him, He seemed sad.

Noah's POV:
She said that she was cheated on. First of all whovever cheated on her is a jerk. And second
I want her to know that I'm not like that. "Dix I'm not the type of person to do that" I said "I know your not, Noah your one of the sweetest guys I have ever met. But I don't know I'm just worried and scared because I put everything into that relationship and he stabbed me in the back, I can't help but worry about you doing that too me..." she said. I honestly felt really bad for her. I've never been cheated on so I don't know what that's like.. But I can imagine that it does hurt, I am glad she told me this because when ever we talk about ourselves she doesn't really open up.

Dixie's POV:
What I said was true. I did put everything into that relationship. Which didn't turn out as I planned. And this was the first time I have ever really "opened up" to Noah. Even though this was the smallest of my problems, "Noah I think it's best if we just stay friends. Maybe one day we will end up together but not now" I said truthfully, "But... Ok, I understand" he said. I could hear the pain in his voice. He was hurt. "I'm sorry Noah... One day.. Maybe we can be a thing" I said, "well it's getting late I should get going" he said grabbing his coat "No way! Let's eat dinner and by then you can even spend the night if you want too, I really don't want things to be awkward between us" I said to him, he turned around and lightly smiled.
We ate dinner and went to bed. Noah went to sleep in the guest bedroom. Suddenly at 2am I was awake and Noah came in my room "Hey.." he said. "Hey, what are you doing up so late?" I asked "oh I couldn't sleep and I wanted to see if you were awake" he told me "Well then come on" I scooted over and patted the bed telling him to lay down "are you sure Dix? I don't wanna make you uncomfortable" he said. He was so sweet "it's ok Noah" I said while smiling
He then got in bed next to me. We fell asleep instantly. I woke up the next morning and he wasn't there. I went down stairs and he had cooked me breakfast, "good morning Dix" he said while he scooped my food, "Morning" I said back. I ate breakfast and we talked. We then got ready and Drove to school