☆Interesting Misfortune☆

God was Mingi not looking forward to the start of the school term. The break had been the most enjoyable part of his year and now that he was forced to return to KQ all the exhaustion from his, so far, nonexistent workload came crashing down on him. Thankfully, his professors had a few health issues and inconveniences preventing them from appearing in their lectures, by the pure grace of the lord. So it was only his music he had to focus on for the first week of school, something he could manage. He was thankful that decorating his room didn't take much time but that also left him with a few gaps in his schedule to fill.

That was likely the reason Yunho found him face flat on the couch that morning. The pinkette giggled at the sight. Cute. He thought to himself, a slight grin growing on his lips. Quietly, the student slipped himself next to Mingi and poked his soft cheek. He watched with a chuckle as the younger male whined through the couch cushions but that didn't stop him from touching him once again.

"Hongjoong hyung, I'm not in the mood." Grumbled the redhead.

"Not quite, try again." Not a moment later, Mingi sprang up at the realisation that it wasn't Hongjoong he was speaking to. He chuckled nervously when he noticed that in actuality, it was Yunho sitting in front of him, tucking his spare strands of orange hair behind his ear in embarrassment.

"Yunho hyung! Sorry, I just assumed it was Hongjoong."

Despite his grin, Yunho still narrowed his gaze. "Are you two that close?" He inquired, keeping his tone light. The last thing he would want is to frighten him.

However Yunho's voice may have come across, Mingi paid it little mind. "Wow, right into the questions, huh?" The younger sat up properly, relaxing with his legs crossed on the other end of the couch. "I would hope so. We used to be roommates before the hostels flooded. He usually visits me during break or when I'm working after class. So I'd say we're pretty close since we see one another often."

Yunho wasn't too sure who to be jealous of - Hongjoong or Mingi. After all, he had known Hongjoong longer. Why should some stranger act as if they knew him that well in his presence? In fact, it was almost insulting how much Mingi treated Joong as if he were his "best friend".

Yet, at the same time, Hongjoong got to spend time with the redhead and though they had only been familiar with one another up to this point - Yunho would be lying if he said he wasn't at least a little attracted to the barista. He couldn't help but be a little envious of his long-time peer.

His sweet smile, his adorably innocent attitude, even the way he slept was captivating. The two were sharing a room now, how could Yunho not sneak a peek at Mingi's wonderful features?

"He talks about you a lot. When we were rooming together, he used to take a ton of pictures of himself and random things," Said Mingi. "Whenever I'd ask him who they were for, he'd say 'My friend at JYP' then go on and on about you." The idea of Hongjoong speaking about him like that was endearing to Yunho. A smile formed on his face as he thought back to all the seemingly random photos he had received over the years. It was just Joong's way of keeping him updated on the lesser details of his life but it was sweet nonetheless.

No matter how cynical the blunette may seem, he had many tender moments that were a joy to be a part of. Mingi and Yunho were part of the few who were lucky enough to see that side of him, something they used to bond over. "He'd gush about you quite often too," Yunho stated. "You got him through a tough time when I wasn't there for him. Thank you for that, Mingi."

The following leers they shared were of appreciation for the other, a silent thankfulness for each other's actions towards their friend.

"Though, I will say one thing," Continued the pinkette, leaning closer ever so slightly. "Hongjoong forgot to mention how cute his roommate was."