☆I Miss When You Were Mine☆

Tossing and turning, Seonghwa's body refused to get comfortable. Not only was this couch agonising to sleep on but any comfort he may have felt faded away when he remembered the reason he was even here to begin with.

Seeing Hongjoong cry like that because of something he did filled him with so much regret. He had hurt the person he cared most for all over again. He didn't know what it was but he just couldn't get it right with him anymore and now he's fucked up. He's royally fucked up and now he has to face the consequences of his actions.

For the betterment of Hongjoong, Seonghwa figured it would be best if they didn't stay in the same room. At least for the time being. But there was a storm rolling through soon and his friend suggested he stay at home in the meantime instead of travelling to go to his apartment. Which left him where he was now. Frustrated.

No matter what he did, he just kept making the same decisions. He kept being an asshole and he had no clue why.

Seonghwa turned to his side, pulling out his phone to look at the background. It was a photo he and Hongjoong had taken in their freshman year at KQ. They were both smiling, not a single care in the world or a troubling thought to worry about.

How he wished he could go back to that time. He would do so many things differently.

I miss when you were mine...

-ˋˏ *.·:·⟐..·:·.* ˎˊ-

The first year of Seonghwa and Hongjoong's relationship was nothing but pure bliss from the start. As often as possible, the two were cuddling in each other's arms. Despite how the younger claimed to despise skinship, there wasn't a moment he wasn't itching to be in his boyfriend's comforting grasp. Together, they would go out to cafes, restaurants, festivals and had rarely left each other's side. Hell, they even wore matching sweaters.

"Kim Hongjoong. You are the most brilliant person I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. You're smart, witty and the closest thing to angelic that this world has to offer." These are the words Seonghwa spoke when he asked Hongjoong to be his boyfriend, tears in the younger's eyes as he listened to the beautiful things his lover had to say. "Never forget, that whatever happens, you'll always be divine to me."

Neither of them could find a single thing they disliked about their partner. Seonghwa loved everything about him, his hard-working attitude and feisty persona. Even things others may find unfavourable, like the way Hongjoong rambled or how his constant overthinking could lead to breakdowns. None of it mattered because he accepted every part of him. Good and bad.

Of course, they couldn't always spend time together. After all, they were in school and had degrees to work on. Seonghwa had a business major that heeded his attention, while Honjoong pursued music. Even still, it wasn't an issue for them to make time for each other. However, that all changed in their second year of school.

Since the beginning of term one, he had been blowing Seonghwa off. Every time he would propose something, Hongjoong would say, "I can't. I need to be in the studio that day." It was frustrating, yes, but Seonghwa understood.

Or at least, that was what he kept telling himself. In truth, after the fourth time, it started to irritate him greatly. The fifth time was the last straw. He decided it would be best if he just surprised Hongjoong at his dorm and brought him out then and if he was going to the studio, then Seonghwa would just go with him.

Seonghwa packed them a small lunch, some cookies, a few drinks and a couple of sandwiches. Nothing too fancy but he thought a picnic might be a fun way for them to spend some time together after not being around one another for so long.