The Feud

It is awkward and intense all of the sudden. You, Alcina, and her daughters in one room. The sisters are enrage. You can't help yourself but close your eyes bitterly on what is happening.

Bela is ready to defy her mother at any moment, the sisters felt betrayed by their mother. "We're going to have a great day! He promised me!" Daniela cried.

"Enough!" Alcina yells. "I will not change what I already decided." she commanded firmly without any hesitation. Bela roared and bursts to tears. "I love him, mother. We have that connection. He is thoughtful and he is funny, and he is...." you heard a thump, she falls on her knees and tears falling continuously from her eyes.

Your rib cage tightens as the situations turns down. Alcina is trying to uphold to her emotions and stern to her position. Cassandra is trying to hold her tears and Daniela's anger is showing on her face. They want to defy their mother, they want to take you back. You want to be with them.

"Mother, how could you do this to us!" Cassandra wailed. Alcina cannot hide her emotions to her daughters and burst into tears. When it comes to her daughters, she is soft and vulnerable when it comes to her daughters. Alcina cannot bear her daughters grief.

"I love him dearly. He's ways made me so special like how he treats you special my daughters." she whispers and you heard it.

Slowly, you have gained the courage and walk towards the sisters. You look straight at her eyes and stop at Alcina, she tried grabbing your hand but you harshly let go from her grasp and faster you walk to the girls.

You comfort Daniela as her feelings is unstable and hug her tight. Your hand squeezes Bela's arm to let her know you are with them. Cassandra trying to tuck in with Daniela for your warmth. You laughed at these gestures.

"Hey! You think this is cute?" Cassandra pouted trying to stop her tears.

"I just don't know how to react at this situation. I'm sorry" your face soured. You hug Bela still trying to relinquish her tears.

"I thought you wouldn't cry?" You smiled bitterly as you pull Bela close to you.

"Stay... stay with me... with us." Bela pleas. You shut your eyes. Her words echoing in your head. Your silence made Bela burst again with tears.

"Please! stay... Stay... Stay..." cries Bela. She pounds your chest. You hug her tight to  console her. She continues to cry and the pounding stops. You saw her at her weakest point. This is not the proud Bela you know. You shutter her and it hurts you so much seeing her like this.

"Come here, now" Alcina commanded from behind. You did not falter. Bela holds you close.

"I don't want to repeat myself again, pet." Alcina demanded. You turn your head to the  Countess and you see the eyeliner running down from her face. Her make up is smudge from her tears. "Bela" you softly call the eldest name. "You have to let go now. We know, we cannot defy your mother. I cannot disobey her orders". Bela did not listen, still holding unto you. She doesn't want to let go.

"Come on, Bela" You're trying to pull her away.

"No...." still Bela clings to you.

Lady Dimitrescu, already composed herself, walk towards you and set her gloved hands to your shoulder. She pressed it hard to let you know that you have to let go of the sisters. The marked ached as Lady Dimitrescu added pressure to the hold. You close your eyes and slowly pulling Bela away from your embrace. You heard the lady hummed her approval of your action.

Bela almost ripped off your shirt trying to pull you towards her. But when she saw your eyes pleading to let go of you, she close her eyes bitterly and let you off tearing your shirt apart. You mouthed 'I love you' without any sounds escaping your lips. Daniela and Cassandra nodded as you and Alcina walks away from her room leaving the sisters in Alcina's quarters.

You lead Alcina to your room. As soon as you walked in to your room, you let out a big sigh. You offer your bed for her to sit on as you don't have the chair that can support her giant stature.

"You have to remove your make up stain my lady. The maids are confused at your face when we walked down from the hallway going here." You said as you take off the ripped shirt and place it on the bed beside Alcina. "I'll be back with a towel and a basin of water" you excuse yourself from her presence and went to the bathroom. She nodded.

You came back to your room with basin of water and a towel hanging on your shoulder. "Please use this, my lady" as you handed the towel to Alcina and you pulled a chair to hold the basin for her.

"Thank you" as she accepts the towel from your hand. "You should remove that lipstick stain from your lips also." she continued.

You totally forgot that there is lipstick mark on your face and you removed it using your arm. She soaked a part of the towel and tapped her face with the ruined mascara to remove the stains. You leaned against the wall while you watch her as she do her thing.

"Don't stare at me like that sweetling, I am still a lady", she says while carefully finishing up. She seem calm already. "We should do something about your torn clothes and the bite mark. We need to clean and dress that to heal immediately" she nonchalantly commands as if nothing happened a while ago.

You nodded and went to the drawers to get a clean shirt to put on. The lady watching you like a hawk. You also prepared a first aid kit that is ready to bebused from your drawer when one of the sisters feed on you. Bela actually stock this supplies for you as she is perfectly aware of your difference with them not like her other sisters. The eldest thoughtfulness, you recalled in your mind. You cleaned the bite mark from your neck and bandaged it before putting on the shirt. All of this unravel under the tall mistress view who stayed quiet for quite a time now as she is observing you.

"Shall we go out here, my lady?" Trying to be aloof.

"Drop the antics, my dear. Just call me Alcina." She answered getting up from your bed. "You will be transferred to a room near my chambers and you don't have to stay in this small room." She walks to the door and crouches down to get out.

She fixed her black hat before she walks going to the office. You just followed behind. You felt the awkwardness between you, no thoughts of breaking the silence.

You tried to open your mouth to say something but you kept it to yourself. You did not see her daughters for the rest of the day. They are trying to avoid  their mother because of the incident. You and Alcina did not talked about it going to her office.

You remained silent until you reach her office. Alcina started to break that silence. "I know that it will be hard to take in at first. I'll be patient, I will wait. I already lived long enough to know the meaning of those words. It is agony. I will see you after dinner."