7

No P.O.V

Inosuke woke up bright and early for today, earning a muffled groan from his roommate.

He ran down the hallway, grabbing a mop to begin his chores, doing so he grabs some bread and placing them in the toaster. Speading through the living room.

"Don't you think it's a bit to early to get ready?" A small frailed voice speaks up upon the dimmed room

"Did I wake you up?" Inosuke answers back, already half done.

" You usually don't get up on your own," she says as she places the already finished toast and placing them onto the table, Inosuke already sitting on the chair beside it.

"Nah, that's old news, I just have plans for today" he shrugs, eating half of his breakfast

"It is a big deal though, you have a high chance of getting adopted you know" she gave a soft smile, placing the mop back to its place

"Even if one of them wins, I'll be sent back here anyways" he stands from the table, placing his plate onto the faucet as he began to wash it.

"Whatever odds we end up, I just want you to know how proud I am of you" she bats him away, washing the dishes herself. Inosuke pauses for a bit, yet another praise making him giddy.

"What will happen if I do end up leaving" he questioned the poor women, despite his hot headed attitude he did look up to her, giving that fact that she was the only one who took him in and could handle his abrasive behavior.

"Nothing much, I suppose it'd be quieter" she shrugs it off, placing the plate inside the dishwasher.

"Besides, my biggest concern now is what gotten you all riled up, did somthing happen at school?"

" well there's this kid in my class who's all bubbly and giddy whenever he sees me" Inosuke carries on, explaing to her about Kamado.

"He sounds very nice, you should thank him for being your friend"

" I would say friend. My guess he does that for his own safety" he boasts, showing off his pride. " I've decided to make him my underling! He always get thrown around like a old rag so I guess my job is to toughen him up" he grabs his backback, lazily putting on his shoes.

" oh dear, go easy on him at least" Hisa chuckled "have a nice day" she waved him goodbye, smiling.

How lucky he was to bump into him

• ________________ •

Inosuke walked down the halls of his school, putting his hair up for his mission. Girls all around gossiping about him as the guys chatted as well. He knew he was popular among the groups, considering his behalf of being a "wild boy"
He wouldn't lie he was amazing after all. He was great head to toe. One thing he did find upsetting was how many people annoyed him whenever they came up to him, not only was he looked high upon. He was also feared. And he accepted that, respect comes from fear. And he learned that early enough for it to be engraved in his head. Girls would stutter or tremble if he ever came close, and guys would put their guard up around him. He found it exhausting half the time since he promised Hisa he'd make friends, he didn't like seeing her upset.

But then there's Tanjirou. A boy who was the first to talk to him straight on, one who showed no fear or ever put their guard up. A boy who's soul mission was to be his friend. He didn't understand that at all. He was use to being seen as a savage animal who's been let out of its cage. Tanjirou seems him as nothing but a mear cat. A cat who's acclimating to it's new home.