8

CW: language

Inosuke had a lot on his mind
after that, hearing the news was like all of his problems tumbling right back him.
He's living with the weird shy girl now thanks to her sister and he had no idea how to think.

But he had other priorities and that was to school Tanjiro. But now that new information will be stuck in the back of his hear, hell does Hisa even know about this? Most likely..

He shared glances with Kanao, and then right back at Zenistu and Tanjiro. Standing there awkwardly and out of character.

"That's not important! We have better things to do!" He growled, grabbing Tanjirou's hand "let's go!"

He took off, Tanjirou following his lead. He didn't want to think about that, he didn't need to remember.
"Inosuke! Slow down!" Tanjirou hollered, now getting concerned.
To much of his surprise Inosuke stopped, arriving at some sort of corner nearby the school courtyard.

"Now that is out of the way, we can begin! " Inosuke looked back smiling.

" Inosuke.. is everything alright?" Tanjirou walked forward, a frown glued to his face.

"I'm fine! Your the one that's not fine!" He answered with a sharp tone. " you need to man up a bit, and and there was a perfect chance back there!" He frowned, pouting.

"Inosuke.. I really don't need any of this, besides I'm not that kinda of guy-"

" exactly, your not a doormat!"

"Doormat!? What do you mean?"
Tanjirou said taken back.

"You let people walk all over you with or without consent! Hell I'm stupid and yet even I notice it" Inosuke sternly said, regretting to even admitting about him being stupid.

"Why are you doing this though?" Tanjirou sighed, knowing theres no fighting back.

" I don't know! Be grateful I'm even trying!" Inosuke pouts again "AUGH! Let's just forget about this and start." He looks over behind the wall, noticing a tall guy next to a vending machine.

Tanjirou in the other hand was lost in his thoughts, He knew well Inosuke was avoiding the news. And it grew more concern the more he tries to dig deeper into it. He would ask but that's invasion of privacy and he didn't want to make Inosuke uncomfortable.

"Oi Monjiro are you listaning??" Inosuke snaps his fingers, Tanjirou gaining cautiousness again.

"Try and start a conversation with that dude, show him who's boss!" Inosuke points twords the direction he was looking at, Tanjirou widening his eyes in shock.

"No! I can't do that- Inosuke.. let's just call it a day." He sighs

"But-" the bell rings, Lunch was over.

"Maybe after school?" Tanjirou offers nervously.

"Fine, we wasted enough time already" Inosuke furrows his eyebrows, getting up and walking away. Tanjirou follows but is met with an unexpected turn. Bumping into the guy they just saw.

"Hey watch where your going!" The guy snarls.

"Ah- forgive me I wasn't looking" Tanjirou apologizes, but soon gets cut off.

"You should be! A twink like you should know their place!" He spits, now he's done it.

"Hey! Watch it!" Inosuke comes running forward pushing the guy away from Tan.

"Tell your boyfriend to get away!" He shouts, yanking Inosuke from his hair. Said boy kicking as he tries to break free.

"He's not my- Let go of him!" Tanjirou rushes forward, Pushing him down as he let's go of his friend.

"You fags think you got what it takes to bring ME down?!" He throws a punch as Tanjirou.

At that point on that what made the scarred boy snap, lunging at the guy with full force as he hits his head with his own, knocking him out in the process.

"Oh shi- I'm so sorry I didn't mean to-" Tanjirou now fully realizing what he's done, backing up.

"Are you kidding that was amazing!" Inosuke gets on his feet " See what I'd tell you my teachings payed off!"

"But you didnt teach me anything-"

"What do you mean! You stood up for yourself!" Inosuke smiles "Next time we should 1v1 to see how strongest!" He lightly punched Tanjirou.

Inosuke turns grabbing Tanjirou's arm. "Let's go before we get caughr" he says running off with said boy on his lead.

Tanjirou now fully realizing a few things. A slight blush forming on his face.

• ____________________ •

School has ended and now Inosuke has to face his gut wrenching feeling. He was met with Hisa and a small petite woman. A car was parked and inside he already noticed Kanao sitting right at front.

"This is Shinobu san, she'll be taking you in" Hisa responds, Inosuke only looking at her straight in the eye.
She wore a smile on her face, "nice to meet you Hashibira" she greets, Inosuke not pleased.

"He's a bit grumpy but soon enough he'll warm up to you" Hisa sighs. "You be good now, letting you know you may always visit" She smiles up at the boar boy.

He only nods, hugging Hisa and walking inside the car.
He waved his final goodbyes and was driven off to his new home.
"Heard you like tempura, I prepared some at home just for you" Shinbou smiles, her eyes locked on the road.
Inosuke gave no response but a mere growl.

"No need to fuse, I don't bite" she chuckles.

He sighs, fidgeting with his fingers. Anything to stimulate his energy. He wasn't sure how he's gonna like this new environment. He felt that the woman was sketchy, considered she had "fought" her right to raise him.

Women.. are weird sometimes, that's something he related with a long time ago, and it seems that it didn't change.

All he could do now it move forward, this could be a chance to help Tanjirou as well, considering Kanao is now living with him.

Yeah.. good plan.

● ______________________ ●

AN: GAHH TY FOR THE SUPPORT THESE PAST FEW WEEKS! It's been appreciated!

Hope I didnt fail to amaze you guys with this new chapter, I know I've been leaving it off on cliff hangers but trust me! I'm doing my best.

For now enjoy the new cover art!