Chapter 9

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖

"What should I get for you Hana?" She asks.
"Iced vanilla latte please" Hana replies and Eunae nods.

"Can I get one iced mocha and one iced vanilla latte please?" She asks.

"What's the total?" She asks again.

"Oh you don't need to pay cuz it's me" The staff lifts her hat revealing Karina.

"Karina? You again?" She asks.

"Hey!! Atleast be happy when you see me? I took a 3 days off from the kwangya national registration to come here and also for your information, it took me 5 business days to convince nævis" Karina informes her.

"Why are you even here?"
" To spend some time with my favourite character" Karina replies simply.

"Are you serious ,why-" Eunae was about to reply when she notices a couple beside her.

Seolhyun and Youngsoo?

"As far as I know,looking at your face you seem shocked"Karina states the obvious .

"Isn't that incorrect?" She asks.

"On some levels ,yes but no at the same time"

"What? That's a yes or no?" Eunae was still confused.

"I knew you were stupid but not this much" Karina shakes her head in dissapointment.

"Not my fault that everything you say doesn't make sense" 

"But seriously though,what is going on?" Eunae asks the taller girl.

"To be really honest,I don't understand why Nævis is doing it either and also I am not allowed to give this much information "Karina says handing her the two drinks.

"Why did you tell me then?" Eunae replies,taking the drinks.

"As I have said earlier,you are my favourite character"

○○○○○○○
"Eunae-yah,Boss is calling you to his room" one employee informs

'I gave him all the necessary files yesterday though'

She knocks on the door
"Come in!" Jake shouts from inside.

Without a second thought she opens the door to be met by a rather surprising scene.
What is Karina doing here?

"I will get going then "Karina says before leaving the room but stops in front of Eunae.

"You good?" Karina asks.
"Now why are you here? I didnt do anything to change the plot I believe " Eunae whispers.

"Of course you didn't do anything. What I did here is something for you to figure out. And also,he is the main character.  I needed to visit him too or nævis would kill me because I just for visited my fav character.  " Karina explains back.

"Any way,bye and also," Karina winks,

"You can thank me later if you want. You will see me around alot from now on" She says snapping her finger and walking out of the room.

"Oh you know her Eunae?" Jake asks
"Yea haha I met her coincidentally alot of times" she replies which makes Jake nod.

"Can you help me sort the files out? It's in the book shelf" Jake asks for help.

"Yea sure" She replies and walks towards the bookshelf.

"Are the files in the fifth layer?" Eunae questions.
Jake stands up to look at them and nods.

"OK then" Eunae tries to grab them but due to God knows what the bookshelf tilted and was about to fall on top of her. Luckily,Jake had also caught onto it.

Now she was trapped in between Jake's arms while he pushed back the shelf. Eunae looked outside to find Karina smirking at her and waving her good bye.
'So it was her'
Eunae realizes.

She looks back to find Jake staring at her while he still trapped her in between.
"So? Wo-would u-" Eunae tries to speak up gathering her courage just to be interrupted.

"Dont you think we experienced too many clichés the 'main characters' of the books you read experience?" He says in a low voice almost whispering in her ears.
The girl gulped while all kind of things were happening to her. Butterflies in her stomach,chills trough her spine ,red cheeks,unable to look at him and to top it all of ,she couldn't reply.

'You are the main character Jake,I am not'

The boy giggles as he lets go.
"You do know that you look really cute when you are all awkward,right? Anyway,be careful. I don't want you getting hurt" Jake says and Eunae immediately grabs the files and moves back to her table without saying a single word or even looking at him.
●●●●●●●●