27 - checkmate

"shit." renjun muttered under his breath as he rose from his previous sleeping position.

not wanting to look he slightly turned his head to see his alarm clock displaying the time 6:38am. it was nearly time to get up so the boy just ran towards the dread head first. he knew that if he went back to sleep now he would find it harder to get up.

so with one challenged push renjun slid off his bed instantly stretching, mentally noting to himself going to bed at 3am was not a good idea.

almost as if it was a rountine by now the boy sent his boyfriend, who was most likely still sleeping, a morning text letting him know to meet him at HQ. despite yangyang and renjun being in different groups they were all meeting at the same place which gave them time to say goodbye and good lucks before the big mission.

it was not like these goodbyes meant anything though. they would all see eachother again in the following hours after the mission. that is the attitude renjun is desperately trying to grip onto anyway. the easy mindset to think everything would go wrong was mocking the boy.

no. it would be alright.

you will see them all again after.

reciting those words in his head renjun wearily pulled on his clothes. anything he could do to distract him from the sinking feeling in his stomach. and almost as if perfectly planned the boys phone lighted up with a notification.

a message from 'my boyfriend ig'

ah yangyang..renjun giggled before unlocking his phone to read the rather early message from his boyfriend.

'open the door' renjun reads out loud as almost subconsciously walking towards the large oak wood door of his room. he could hear faint shuffling from outside.

swiftly renjun twisted the silver, meticulously shaped handle of his door to reveal his rather sleepy looking boyfriend on the other side.

through a pained yawn yangyang managed to get out a muffled "hello." before reaching to hold renjun at the waist.

"good morning." the older giggled at the sudden contact. "clingy today?"

but no words were needed to be said for yangyang to be understood as he buried his face in renjuns slim collarbone.

faint breathes gently landed on renjuns neck as the boy rubbed reassuring circles into yangyangs back.

if only they could stay like this forever. bask in each others sweet company. it was moments like this they loved. no words needed to be said just them and them only.

but today was not the day for it, there was a lot that had been done.

with one large exhale of breathe yangyang pulled away from the latter and stretched slightly. "lets get going then."

"lets do this."

______________

as the time passed 7am more and more members started to show up, some looking more alive than others.

the tension in the air was thick as anxiety grew rather rapidly. it was becoming all too real and it was not a good vibe. many of the members had horrible feelings in them but xiaojuns was different.

the feeling in him was heated and filled with despair. lots of heat..like fire it was filled with fire. but the worse part of it was the helplessness and the unknown. but he had thoughts like this all the time.. yes it was alright xiaojun managed to convince himself.