11

lucas ran through the dark streets of neozone with a laughing boy behind him. it was times like this that made lucas feel thankful. he felt free. and..happy.

he was happy.

"youre giggly tonight." lucas stopped running as he turned round to look at jungwoo.

"that women said if you go back to her shop again she will poke chopsticks in your eyes!!" the smaller boy started laughing hysterically as he kept on thinking of the events earlier that evening.

lucas only rolled his eyes as sat down on a patch of grass, jungwoo following him shortly.

the stars were bright tonight and the two boys couldn't help but admire them. each star a different shape and a different story.

jungwoo had been thinking about life a lot recently. a blessing and a curse really. he got to learn about lots of new different things but on the other hand he gained more questions than before.

what is the meaning of life?

why are we alive?

what is the point of humans?

there were more questions than answers however as soon as jungwoo took a glance of lucas gazing at the stars peacefully he forgot all about those soul crushing questions.

lucas looked so calm and relaxed. jungwoo always wondered how lucas was so care free. the boy breezes through life and doesn't let any thing hold him back and this was a side of lucas that jungwoo admired.

"everything alright?"

jungwoo looked over to the other and smiled. "yeah just lost in thought.."

"you think a lot.." lucas paused before looking back at the stars again. "i noticed that about you ever since we met."

the older just chuckled as he remembered back to the time they were just boys. life was simple and they had no worries however jungwoo couldnt help but worry about the future. to be fair he still does now.

being in neozone probably should make him feel more at ease but everyday he feels a huge pressure on his shoulders.

he keeps neozone protected with his forcefields and if one day he failed to give this protection..god who knows what would happen. just knowing that the safety of so many concealers and his beloved members is all in his hands well you would expect it to be stressful.

"youre thinking too much again."

"im worried, lucas." jungwoo almost whispered.

lucas turned to face jungwoo, a reassuring smile on his face.

"you can talk to me..get things off your chest." the taller boy paused before talking again. "keeping these worries to yourself will only hurt you more.."

wow. .

in all his years of knowing lucas, jungwoo had never felt that touched by something he said. it was simple yet so sweet.

"lucas.."

the mentioned boy widened his eyes as he saw jungwoos eyes tearing up. "wait im sorry-" he panicked. "did i say something wrong."

jungwoo only just shook his head and laughed.

"no no..i am just so touched.."

lucas breathed a sigh of relief. he really thought he had said something wrong.

jungwoo rubbed his eyes before looking at lucas and gently placing his hand on top of the others. "i promise if my worries get any bigger i will come to you."

"that's all i could ask from you."

"thank you, lucas."

for always believing in me

________________

"our communications with district 9 got fucked up last night." doyoung sighed as he dropped onto his chair, files scattering on the table. but that was the least of everyones worries right now.

they didnt know what yet but something was definitely going on.

"i will try and call chris personally later in the week to see if everything is alright." taeyong noted down in his planner.

jaehyun looked up at taeyong who was sat across the table obviously very distressed. "maybe try and communicate with loonaverse if you have any time"

the oldest looked up from the floor and smiled. this sudden change in mood startled the two others.

"good idea!!" taeyong noted his stuff down enthusiastically before looking back up again. "im sure there was just a little mistake and we are being too dramatic over it."

however taeyong was really trying to convince himself it was ok.

doyoung smiled faintly. "well i hope so."

"we have to be prepared for the worst." jaehyun spoke with urgency.

taeyong and doyoung both nodded.

"i will figure out a plan but for now that's all." taeyong stated whilst tidying some papers he had been checking.

all three boys got up from their seats, getting ready to leave the neozone meeting room. they had only started using it recently as they realised something was going on.

"be careful out there" taeyong smiled. "im not gonna lie and say that it's gonna be ok because right now i just dont know." he paused again. "just stay safe and keep neozone safe as best as you can. that is all i can ask from you."

taeyong was worried but he could pull through. he has to pull through.

he has neozone.

his family

his home

neozone

_____________
unedited

see u sunday for an extra update. gosh i spoil u lots :/ hope u liked the chapter don't forget to support it !! have a good day/night mwah mwah kisses