17 - the sun

"mark the answer is no." johnny sternly said as he sat down at his desk chair. however when he looked back at marks saddened face he couldn't help but soften his expression. "sorry bud its just not feasible right now."

"hyungggg" mark whined as he fell into the chair in front of the other.

it was around an hour after the full member meeting in the gym and as most members went back to their rooms to sleep johnny went back to his office with an annoyed mark following him.

"mark." johnny paused for a second. "rules are rules."

"cant i just go out for 2 hours friday pleaseeeeeeeee." mark widened his eyes in an attempt to persuade johnny on letting him out.

"mark." the older sat up in his chair instantly scaring the younger slightly. "a member of district 9 was stabbed last week and we currently have no leads to all the things going on. i advise you stay inside neozone to keep yourself and others safe."

the younger got up before plastering a fake smile on his face."i understand hyung."

slightly surprised, johnny tilted his head. "are you heading back to your room to sleep?"

"yes." mark waved as he opened the door of the others office. "goodnight."

"night!!"

however mark didnt go back to his room to sleep he went back to his room to pick up his phone, some change and a hoodie.

without even hesitating he pulled out his phone and loaded his messages with donghyuck.

mark >> donghyuck
11:48pm

mark : u up??
delivered

________________

11:30pm

haechan pinched the space inbetween his eyes in frustration before picking up the phone he had thrown moments before. his mothers contacts displayed on the screen. big and bold.

he had no choice. he had to answer it otherwise his mother would start to get suspicious. their relationship was well...interesting. haechan would explain it as complex.

avoiding a scolding he pressed the answer button.

"hello mother." haechan spoke with little to no enthusiasm.

there was a pause along the line until a raspy voice spoke up. his mother. "hello donghyuck."

"what is it you need?"

haechan hated phoning his mother. he always had to put on a fake voice and act polite. it was all part of the persona that his mother wanted him to have since he was born.

the perfect child.

"when are you going to visit me again?"

the boy instantly shrunk in size. visiting his mother was the worst, all he did when he was there is lie straight to her face about everything. as well their relationship is complex.

"whenever i am free mother." haechan paused as he quickly thought of a lie. "work has been busy recently."

haechan could tell his mother wasn't buying it by her very loud exhale of breathe and well she isnt stupid. mrs lee is a very clever woman some would even say too clever for her own good.