έξι

Jungkook was panicking, even more so than Taehyung. His friend had suddenly started screaming and he wouldn't stop, his eyes focused on something in the room. Something Jungkook was sure Taehyung could truly see, but how on Earth couldn't Jungkook see what Taehyung was so frightened of?!

"Taehyungie-hyung, what is going on?!" Jungkook exclaimed, worry increasing by the second as Taehyung jumped up again and backed up against the wall, dragging Jungkook with him by holding his sleeve.

"Hyung, breathe!"

"J-Jungkook! The– the man! He just went– he went straight through the fucking window!!" Taehyung shouted, hating the fact that he cursed, but he couldn't stop himself.

Taehyung was staring at the man, who raised an eyebrow at him.

"Jungkook?" the man spoke.

Taehyung watched as the man took out a piece of paper from one of his pockets. He unfolded it and looked it over, probably spotting something he liked, because a grin appeared on his face. The grin only scared Taehyung more.

"This is great! Two of you living together. Makes the job a lot easier!" the man said, putting away the piece of paper and clapping his hands.

Now it was Jungkook's time to scream.

Out of literally nowhere, a man appeared. Right before his and Taehyung's eyes. Materialized out of fucking thin air! How the actual f-

"TAEHYUNG WHAT THE HELL WHO IS THAT?!"

"I don't know!! I saw him at work but he was being an ass!! Wait – how can you see him right now?! Just seconds ago you had no idea what I was screaming at!"

"He only just appeared!" Jungkook defended himself.

"I was here all the time, I just chose to stay invisible to you, Jungkook." The man spoke. Then an irritated look replaced the grin on his face. "Why the heck did you ignore me, Taehyung? I only wanted to talk to you."

"How do you know my name." Taehyung immediately demanded. "Are you a ghost?"

The man laughed, though it sounded almost offended. "A ghost? You think I'm a mere ghost? I am no such thing. I am a god."

Any other time, Jungkook and Taehyung would've burst out laughing at the ridiculousness of the situation. However, they only shared a look before gulping and staring back at the man.

"You're a god?" Taehyung asked hesitantly. He was less scared than he would've been if this stranger had been a ghost, but he had no idea why this man was here and therefore he was still afraid.

"I am a god of many things. The god of trade, wealth, sleep, language, travel. But most importantly, I am Hermes, the messenger of the Gods of Olympus." The man said, subconsciously puffing his chest in a prideful manner. Not unlike what Jungkook had done a moment ago to try and intimidate Taehyung.

"Woah- I've heard of you!" Jungkook exclaimed, his eyes big as a grin formed on his face. He took a step forward, though not too far because Taehyung was still holding his sleeve. "You're actually a really cool dude! You can fly, can't you? Wings and stuff?"

As if on cue, Hermes' tiny wings appeared at his shoes, and Jungkook freaking squealed.

"Hyung, look how cool that is! Oh my god, that's awesome!"

Taehyung laughed nervously, hissing something at Jungkook about sounding like a thirteen-year-old fangirl instead of a seventeen-year-old swimming champion. He was unsure of what to do, so he stayed still with his back to the wall, holding onto Jungkook.