War Simulation

Nilsa couldn't keep the grin from her face as she checked her weapon. Capture the flag was her favorite part of initiation. The game was a bit different for her though. She wasn't a part of the teams, she simulated enemy fire and worked as a sniper towards both teams.

Her gun was specially crafted to shoot the stem-darts at high speed and accuracy. She and Eric always had a side bet of their own with the game. She had until the flag was captured to hit him with one of her specially marked darts to win. If he remained unscathed her ass didn't. It was a win-win for both of them and brought out the competitive predators they both were.

"Looking pretty confident there." Eric said watching the initiates get on the train. She smirked and took a moment to take her eyes over his figure. His matching smirk letting her know he enjoyed her appraisal. "Well, I was just remembering last year." She said biting her lip. That damn eyebrow went up.

The train started, but before Eric could walk to the center to pick teams she had to say one more thing. "I look forward to tonight...slave." The last word whispered in his ear as she moved so he could pass. She saw his shoulders tense and the control it took for him to not react in front of the initiates. It seemed luck was on his side when a commotion caught his attention. She saw the stiff get pulled on the train by Four.

Eric made a slow bee line for the two. She followed always in for a good show. "Who let you out?" He said getting to the point immediately. "I did." The stiff said surprisingly confident. Eric raised a surprised brow, it was a very Dauntless move they hadn't expected from her.

"You did?" He showed his surprise.

He looked at Nilsa and back

He looked at Nilsa and back. "Okay." The stiff might survive after all.

"The game's simple. It's like Capture the Flag." Four spoke where he stood with Eric in the center of the car.

"Weapon of choice." He said holding the smaller weapon.

"You call that a gun?" A girl snarked

"You call that a gun?" A girl snarked. Immediately hitting the ground when Eric sent a test shot to her leg.

"Neuro-stem dart." He said satisfied the girl was quiet now.

"Simulates the pain of a real gunshot wound

"Simulates the pain of a real gunshot wound. Only lasts a couple minutes." He explained. "Two teams. Four and I are captains."

"You pick first." Eric gave a fake look of shock. "Okay. Edward." "I'll take the stiff." She shook her head at the predictable move of Four.

"Oh. Picking the weak ones so you've got someone to blame when you lose." Nilsa met Eric's smile but knew he wasn't seeing the strategic movements Four made.

"Something like that." Was all Four said.

A few minutes later they were in the fairground. "Where did Eric's team go?" Christina asked realizing half the train was gone. "They jumped. Stealth points since you have no clue when they jumped." Nilsa said laughing.

At the half way mark she saw her bell tower and gave a sarcastic salute to Four. "See ya in the scope, numbers boy. Do me a favor, beat Eric." She said and with that she gave a running leap off the train and kept running till she made it to the tower.

Throwing her rifle over her shoulder it was a quick three story climb to the ledge. She quickly set up her tripod and dialed in her scope. Using it she could see both teams had their flags up and looked to be strategizing. Now she just had to wait for the first unsuspecting initiate. Four and Eric would be all bonus.

Seeing an initiate enter her zone she smiled as she breathed out and tapped the trigger. Knowing her shot would hit its mark well before the scream. She enjoyed the fear on the faces of the newbies who looked around trying to figure out where the hit came from.

"Let the games begin..."