Initiates

The initiates were all down and Nilsa sat back waiting while the others waved leaving now that their fun was over. As usual Eric was the last one down, better to cover the others if under fire.

She knew they wore matching smirks as he stared down Four while he popped off the net. She broke into a grin when she saw even the dauntless born scurry out of Eric's way as he walked towards her.

She ignored Four giving instructions as she bit her lip watching Eric saunter up to where she sat with a serious face. He stood in front of her with his hands clasped in front of him. Her breath caught and her body shivered at his next words.

"So, what do you think your punishment should be?" He asked low and husky. If almost wasn't fair how much need she had for him even years later. The amazing thing was he felt the same way. She licked her lips, loving the way his blue eyes darkened, "Whatever you see fit...sir." She said looking at him from under her lashes.

She had to hold back another shiver when his brow arched with that damn piercing he knew she loved so much. The man was a masterpiece and she admired every piece of the canvas. "Report to me when you're done here. Is that clear?"

Oh, he used his leader voice, asshole knew what that did to her. He finally broke his stance leaning towards her ear for the next words. "You won't like it if I have to come find you." He smirked as he kissed her head. "Or maybe you would." He turned on his heel and was gone before she could even think of a retort.

She grinned before she tuned back into what Four said thinking about a nice game of cat and mouse later.

"I'll be your instructor my name is Four." Nilsa was glad she stayed to watch when she saw the Candor girl scoff at the name. "Something to say, initiate?" Nilsa knew Candor wasn't the smartest faction but this girl was dumb and answered him.

"What? One through three were taken?" She asked rudely. While she too thought it a stupid name choice, it would have never crossed her mind as an initiate to back talk an instructor. Nilsa shook her head wondering what the other factions where teaching these kids.

Four huffed a breathless laugh and walked up to her. "First lesson you learn from me. If you want to survive, shut your mouth." She was impressed. With a little work he could be bearable if he kept it up. She stood with a clap that startled the recruits.

"Truer words, my friend, truer words." She saw the sigh he held back as she spoke and walked forward happily. "Initiates. This is one of our leaders, Nilsa." She saw the look of shock on the two girls faces as she addressed the group.

"Thank you, Four. Welcome to Dauntless...for now." She said without answering the questioning looks. "As Four said my name is Nilsa..." "Are you available?" One of the boys in blue asked from the back of the group.

She sucked her teeth looking at Four with a raised brow. He shrugged with a look of similar anger. Disrespect was never tolerated in Dauntless. No exceptions.

"Well, we can see why you transferred." She said with distain. She walked up to the group, parting them with a single look. Walking up to the insolent child she stopped in front of him closely.

"Let me introduce myself properly, initiate." She said initiate with much distaste. "My name is Nilsa Coulter. The man that threw you off the roof? That's my husband." She smirked seeing his face pale as he swallowed hard. She started towards the front again.

"I'll be sure to let him know of your interest." He looked ill now making her smile. "Well, I'll let Four continue his tour. Word to the wise, Eric was in a good mood today." She let that hang in the air for a moment. "See you around...maybe."

With that she walked towards the market, the opposite side of the compound from the leaders offices.