Episode 16

The Rivals Meet with a Slightly Unpleasant Reunion on Set

Jade, the most popular rock band from Japan had returned from England, and were now on the television show, Matchmaker.

Ryota and Sho's eyes widened. "Jade's here!"

"They're one of the groups to star as guests today?!" Kazuma shouted.

Kyosuke raised an arm and placed it over his forehead. "Is it getting too bright, or is it just me?"

Natsuki Orihara was the first person from Jade to speak. "Yo! Did you guys miss us?"

"Sorry for the intrusion," Haru Shindo said with a low bow.

"Aw, where are the babes?" Toma Mizuki sighed and pouted. "Did we arrive too early?"

"I would say we're definitely too early for any other girls to be part of the show, Toma," Akira Inoue mentioned. His bluntness could rival Yoshito's, but with a bit more emphasis in some of his reactions and his tone.

Chitose let out a brief laugh. "Really, that might put a dent in our reputations."

The members of Jade were led to one side of the set and took their seats.

"Wave and Jade," Chitose continued, "it really feels like a reunion between close friends."

"It really does," Kazuma agreed. "Chitose-san, it's been a while."

"How was England?" Yoshito inquired.

"It was superb!" Natsuki and Chitose beamed simultaneously. Noticing how they answered together, the two of them glanced at each other and laughed.

"You two..." Akira began.

"...are like twins," Kyosuke finished.

"That's such a nice compliment from you two," Natsuki narrowed his eyes, as if he were giving affection to a pet cat.

"I second that!" Chitose extended her arms. She really seemed to have decided to open them to let someone hug her.

"Ouch!" Haiginuma announced. "No hugs allowed for people who are already in relationships, I'm afraid!"

"Good luck next time," Sho said with a calm smile.

Chitose's eyes widened. She noticed something about Sho's expression. "Hm? Sho, something seems different about you compared to the last time we saw each other."

Sho became baffled at hearing Chitose's remark. "Huh?"

Haru was up next. "Now that you mention it, there is something about Wave's center that isn't the same as before."

"Eh?!" Sho shouted.

"Heh~," Toma mused. "What kind of girl did you end up meeting? Does this mean you've fallen for her?"

Yoshito decided to step up for Sho. "Nothing's been confirmed. Sho's not the type to easily fall for anyone."

Ryota smirked. "As if we'd ever let him go unchecked."

"Eh?" Toma blinked. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Akira said, "Wave's supervised their own ace? I see."