Episode 6

Meeting and Exchanging Properly

At last, Kazuma broke the silence. "That phone! Sho, the owner must be in the Human World!"

"A magician's phone..." Ryota breathed. "This is too real. How did you get this?"

"I don't know!" Sho shouted with a frantic expression etched onto his handsome visage. "I'm not sure how it could have swapped with my phone!"

"Didn't you hear what Kazuma said?" Yoshito brought up.

Kyosuke added, "Right. Sho, the owner could still be in our world somewhere."

"But who—" Sho was quickly cut off again.

Kazuma's visage was instantly full of a stern look. "We need to contact the owner of the cell phone. I have a hunch about who it belongs to."

The leader of Wave stared with an intense gaze at the cell phone. Wondering with some doubt, he delved into the depths of his mind. It can't be... The person who owns that phone Sho has in his hand... It can't be that Sho met her of all people. This is a rare occurrence, even for him.

Just as he finished his thoughts, Kazuma felt a buzz from his front right pants pocket. He knew it certainly couldn't have been better timing for it to happen, but he was a bit hesitant to reach for his shiny black flip phone. However, he slowly slid his arm and fingers to where the mobile device was vibrating, before he took hold of his possession. Kazuma's rectangular cell phone was marvelous and a new sight to gaze at, but the small horizontal caller I.D. section had a familiar name running across: Runa Suzushiro was the caller.

Taking a turn on his reluctance, Kazuma decided it was not the time to stall. He quickly opened his phone, pressed the "Answer" button and held it up to his right ear. "Runa?! What's wrong?!"

"Kazuma-san," Runa's voice on the end of the phone call came. "It's Nanaka. Since you're in the Human World, I thought you might be able to help. I, uh, also found something. Well, it's more that something just came out near Nanaka."

"Something came out near her?" Kazuma's eyes widened slightly. "As in, magical means?"

"Yes," Runa answered immediately. "Kazuma-san, it was Sho's cell phone."

"What?! But that's—Are you sure?!" Kazuma shouted. "But they couldn't have met! Anyway," he tried to lower his voice, as the other Wave members were staring at him with dumbfounded, quizzical looks on their faces, "what happened to her?"

"I'm trying to keep her body stable," Runa explained. "She wouldn't wake up for hours and when I checked on her, she was still asleep. When I touched her shoulder, I felt a heat that her body's never had before. It's painful to be in direct contact with her, so I'm doing what I can. You must've heard a while back that she entered the Human World for her safety, but I need you to have Sho come over to Ikebukuro this instant. I don't see Nanaka's cell phone anywhere near her."

Staring once more at the celadon blue flip phone across from where he was, Kazuma was convinced of Sho and Nanaka's encounter. He could tell by then that Nanaka would not wake up without the return of her cell phone, and Sho had to wake her up. A smile crept up onto his visage, "This must be some kind of weird fairy tale."

"Kazuma-san?" Runa's voice inquired. "Are you able to get a hold of Sho? I'm fearing for Nanaka's life."

Kazuma was sure he could hear Runa's voice full of sorrow and her eyes with tears in them.