Episode 13

Dinner Is Too Much

Inside Renaissance's dressing room, Teppei said, "Congrats out there. You all did well for your first live show."

"Teppei-san..." Nanaka said with a blank look on her face.

Rui smiled. "Thank you."

Teppei added, "What did you all think of it?"

Eri frowned and said, "The host—Maki-san, talks a lot in place of everyone else."

Teppei said, "Don't mind him. He's a free-spirited person."

Sakura giggled. "Hehe! Well, it was fun being on the set."

Rui mentioned, "We were on for two hours, but I suppose the seating arrangement was... planned by the staff."

Teppei frowned apologetically. "That was certainly what they wanted to have regarding the seats. In any case, I apologize for keeping you all out this late."

The vocalist of the band sensed how Teppei felt, and smiled once more. "It's alright. I can tell you didn't want to trouble any of us, including Wave."

"Still..."

Kaoru intervened with a pleasant smile of his own and lightly waved his right hand to his left. "Anyhow, it was a great experience for us. We didn't have a lot of time before the cameras rolled, but we made it through another job."

Teppei nodded. "That's quite assuring news from you, Kaoru. I'll go speak with the producer and staff a bit more."

Once the Senior Manager left, Kaoru sighed while still smiling. "Honestly, he doesn't try to smile often, even though he's proud of us."

"Perhaps Teppei-san's embarrassed," Rui said.

Sakura pointed out, "His straight face can't hide anything from us."

Just then, a knock came at their door.

Kazuma's voice was heard right afterward. "Ah, it's us. Are you guys in there?"

Kaoru responded, taking his responsibility as Renaissance's co-manager before letting the other members of his group do anything. "Come right in."

Kazuma and the other members of Wave entered.

"Thought we'd see you all before you had to go back to Ikebukuro," Kazuma brought up.

Rui closed her eyes and said, "We're not surprised."

Kyosuke added. "I can't deny the lack of reaction from magicians, even you guys."

Eri asked, "Is that really a compliment?"

Kyosuke gave an eye smile. "Really, now. You must be one of the toughest magicians here, Eri."

Eri glanced to her left. "Then, I'll take that as an insult."

Kyosuke opened his eyes with a shocked expression on his face. "Whoa, there! I want to be on your good side!"

Sakura gazed at her boyfriend and sighed. "You can be hopeless when you try to do things like this, Kyosuke." She turned to Kaoru. "Anyway, I'd like to leave."

Kaoru simply smiled and said, "Go ahead. Teppei will be alright with it since he doesn't want to restrain you guys from going home."

"Thanks, Kaoru-san." Sakura opened her deep pink portal, which appeared behind her back and she turned around. Then, she stepped through it and it closed.