Episode 10

To Answer That Question

Right after The Wave Show had ended its June 12th episode, Nanaka and the rest of Renaissance followed Teppei to a dressing room.

"Listen, everyone," the co-manager said. "As part of your civil duties as celebrities in this world, leaving a good impression will help you become better in interacting with humans. Seeing as this evening's episode was a secret appearance for us, we had to be late to keep everyone excited while Wave was entertaining them. They did their jobs well and stalled for time, so the least you can do is to pay them a visit."

"Uh, Teppei..." Kaoru trailed off. "You haven't forgotten that I have knowledge about how the entertainment industry is here, right? We also have Rui and Sakura-san here, so they also know about paying our respects."

"No, I haven't," Teppei bluntly said, folding his arms against his chest. "I'm only setting the usual example for new talents. With Eri and Nanaka barely exposed to the way the Human World works, they'll need guidance to become exceptional celebrities."

Sakura smiled. "Teppei-san, you might want to loosen up a little. We won't be baidols for a long time, so we'll just go meet the members of Wave before they leave."

The Renaissance members left the dressing room after Kaoru did, which meant Teppei was all alone now. He let out a sigh.

What am I going to do with them? He asked in the depths of his head. They just finished with their first appearance on live television. Should I cut them some slack?

As he struggled to how to approach his way of treating his new recruits, Renaissance made their way to Wave's dressing room. Kaoru was the one to knock on the door. The one to open is was none other than the leader of the worldwide most popular idol group.

"Yes?" Kazuma answered with a serene smile on his handsome visage. "Welcome to our dressing room, everyone."

Inside, the lighting was bright enough to show everyone's figures. There were mahogany couches and armchairs with ash gray cushions. In the center, there was a square-shaped glass table with a pale purple frame. The mirrors were spotless with frames that were a creamy hue to them, while the chairs were light red.

Kyosuke announced, "Our precious guests are here!"

This made Ryota frown. "How embarrassing can you be, Kyosuke?"

Kyosuke said, "What? I have to include everyone, not just my girlfriend."

Ryota turned away and added quietly "Well, I guess it's alright."

"Sorry about Ryota's behavior," Kazuma apologized once everyone from Renaissance was inside. "He's not feeling too well at the moment."

Although Ryota's eyes were staring straight at the wall while his back was turned towards the Renaissance members, he was not focused on anything; they had a dim light to them instead. "..."

"I was really surprised to see you as a new celebrity," Sho directed at Nanaka. "Well, Rui and Sakura, too."

"It's something I decided to do," Nanaka replied. She knew Sho was talking to her out of all of Renaissance, but the latter must have been keeping a boundary between them for some reason. There seemed to be a distant gap Sho had created. Yet... Weren't they already friends?

He didn't even answer back after I replied to his last message, the Thai tea-haired magician thought. I still need to ask him about that.