Episode 14

A Guy's First Love

Nanaka finished eating and while Sho was staring at where Runa had gone, they both said, "Thank you for the food."

Their eyes widened in surprise and they faced each other.

Nanaka was certain she had to say something. "Ah. I, um..."

A smile formed on Sho's visage. "Do you want to go outside with me?"

"Right now?" Nanaka wondered. "But... I should put away my plate and silverware first."

"It'll be fine," Sho assured her. "Let's go."

The two of them stood up from their seats and pushed their chairs in before heading out. They were barely outside of the café, but they were standing next to one another. Sho stretched his arms out.

"Fuwaaaa!" he breathed. "Looks like I've gotten pretty tired." He let out a laugh. "Haha, even though it's still pretty early since we just had dinner together."

Nanaka giggled. "Fufu. Indeed, I suppose you've been too busy with work to rest since the last time we met."

"Yeah." His eyes drifted upwards and something caught his attention, to which they widened (his eyes) and his mouth was slightly agape. "Wow..."

Nanaka smiled. She knew what the top idol had seen. Way above them, the night sky had turned into a sea of stars.

"I've never seen so many stars before," Sho breathed. "This is amazing..."

"The stars here were created by the flow of magic from those jewels I mentioned before," Nanaka explained. "We always have stars in Neon during this time. I've also heard how people in the Human World don't usually get to view them due to the city lights."

Sho frowned. "Yeah. We don't get to see many of them, but planetariums are nice to visit, too." There was his usual smile again. "They're really cool, but I hope you don't think they're boring, Nanaka."

"If you'd like," Nanaka suggested, "we can hang out the next time we're both off from work. I haven't been to many places in this world, after all."

"Really?" Sho asked, looking bewildered. "You don't mind going with me?"

Nanaka nodded. "Yes. I want to go with you sometime."

Sho closed his eyes and smiled peacefully. "Then, it's a deal. I'm really glad to finally have some time with you today." He opened his eyes. "It feels like we haven't meet in quite a while, but I'll text you soon, so we can catch up."

"I'm looking forward to everything," Nanaka replied with a tender smile.

The automatic doors to Café Darling slid open and Runa was holding a large stack of bentos that were wrapped in a single amber cloth. She peeked her head to her right side.

"Sorry to keep you two waiting," she said. "I made plenty for the rest of Wave, but your leftovers from dinner are in the top box, Sho. I put them in half of it, but the other half has some rice and a few other compartments for water spinach, octopus wieners, and some chopped celery."

Sho's expression was stunned by the amount of bentos that must've been stacked high up. "Whoa! How many did you pack, Runa?"

Runa blinked twice and said, "Twelve. There are two for each of you."