1 PTP

"Ma'am, I just want to make sure you're aware that we will be closing the library in 15 minutes. Please check out whatever books you need now, so we can go ahead and lock up." The librarian, who tapped on my shoulder, whispered.

I blinked at her and nodded. I stacked all the books spread out on the table neatly and brought the pile into my arms.

"Did you find anything interesting?" She smiled at me and pushed her short and wavy white hair behind her ear. She grabbed the books from me and started scanning all the books. But one of them caught her eye, and she stared intently at it. "Oh, History of pirates? I used to love reading about this as a child."

"It's for a project." I mumbled, showing my complete disinterest in the book she held. "Why are people interested in learning about robbers who sailed? They really didn't have an interesting life."

"Oh." The librarian blinked. "I respect your opinion. However, maybe after reading the book, you'll gain more insight and relate to some of them."

"I doubt it." I snorted. Once she finished scanning all the books, I gave her my library card, allowing her to complete the transaction. I took the stack of books and stumbled my way out the library. However, when I got to the exit, the librarian rushed over and called out to me.

"Don't have any doubts until you've experienced the story." She smirked, and held the door open for me to leave . I thanked her, and slowly paced over to my car.

~

After I got home, I decided to take a shower. You'd think after a warm wash that I'd feel refreshed, but I wasn't. My neck was still sore from looking down to do all that studying. Stepping out of the tub, I released the towel holding my hair up, letting my wet brown curls fall right above my shoulder.

I quickly put on my pajamas while I put moisturizer in my hand and massaged all around my scalp. As a gazed at myself in the mirror, a sudden wave of frustration washed over me. How was I going to complete this project? I only had a week left to finish an entire presentation, about a bunch of sea thieves.

I walked out of the bathroom into my bedroom and saw the books I got from the library on my night stand. They were all poking up and staring at me, intimidating me. And it worked. "If I try and finish it now, I won't be so stressed about getting it done later." I groaned.

I reached for the book and let my fingers slide down the cover. I knew the man on it was Edward Teach. A white man with a very hairy and hostile stature, known for his famous pirate name, Blackbeard. I narrowed my eyes in disgust.

I knew it was going to be a long night. And it was. I haven't even read past the first chapter before I felt myself drift off into a deep slumber.

~

Hello again! It's the first chapter, and I just wanted to let everyone know that some chapters may be shorter than others. This is a short story after all, so I decided not to focus much on word count.

Enjoy the rest of the story :)! Leave a comment to tell me what you think~