1 RH

"Qi Tai Seong, do you take Charlotte Jones to be your wedded wife, to live together in marriage?" The priest paused, "Do you promise to love her, comfort her, honor and keep her for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health, and forsaking all others, be faithful only to her, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." I gazed up at my husband-to-be lovingly. He sent a warm smile back at me, and squeezed my hand.

"Charlotte Jones, do you take Qi Tai Seong to be your wedded husband to live together in marriage? Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health and forsaking all others, be faithful only to him so long as you both shall live?"

"I do."

"By the power invested in me, I pronounce you, husband and wife." He patted Qi Tai on the shoulder with a wide grin, before saying a few words to the crowd in Korean. "You may kiss the bride."

Qi Tai raised the veil, and caressed my cheek. We both closed the distance. Qi Tai wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer and deepening our kiss. We both pulled away in sync and turned before bowing to the crowd.

"I'm so hungry." I mumbled, as he took my by the hand and we walked towards the exit of the auditorium.

"How about some Ramyeon?" He teased, "Mrs. Seong."

"Oh.." I hummed. "I like the sound of that." I giggled referring to the name.

~

"Joon." I kissed my little munchkin on his forehead "Which one is Appa?" My little boy pointed towards his Dad in the wedding photo.

It's been a good 6 years since the wedding. The wedding was held in Korea, and it was absolutely beautiful. I got to meet more of Qi Tai's family, and he got to meet more of mine. The reception was beautiful and food was absolutely delicious.

Afterwards, we scheduled our honey-moon in China. It was going to be a 3 month trip, but it ended up being cut short once we found out that I was pregnant. I have Qi Tai to blame for it, since he wouldn't leave me alone.

Our marriage started off really strong, but after the baby came, our schedules got busier and busier. I ended up having to quit my job at the company here in America, and Qi Tai and his father had to settle some company matters over in Korea.

Because of it, Qi Tai only had the chance to travel back to America for 3 months at a time, every year. Qi Tai and I were going through a bit of trouble in the more recent years of marriage.

I still loved him, but it felt.. strained.

"Good boy!" I clapped my hands once he got it right, and he giggled in response. "Now which one is Mommy?"

Joon looked confused at first. I repeated my words to him. "Eomma. Where is Eomma?" Joon pointed at me in the photo. My son was still struggling to speak English. His father used Korean with him, and so did his grandfather, who came to visit America a lot more often than Qi Tai.

"Charlotte." My mom walked in with a tired expression. "Don't you have a flight to catch?"

"We are leaving soon," I hummed. "I'm going to miss this place a lot." Mr. Seong, my father in law had arranged for Joon and I to live in Korea with Qi Tai since Joon was of age to go to school. He didn't speak much English, so he thought it would be easier to go to school there.

I was opposed to it at first, but I haven't seen my husband in almost a year. I really missed him.

"You guys better get ready to leave soon." My mother hummed. "You know what I always say, the earlier the better." I rolled my eyes. She's been using that same line on me for years.

I closed the wedding album and put it back in my suitcase. "I'm gonna miss you Mom."

"I'm going to visit soon!" She gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek. "Tell Qi Tai I said hello."

I nodded my head.

Once the cab arrived, I packed all my things into the backseat, placed Joon in his seatbelt next to me, and we headed off for the airport.