6 PTP

"Jon," I called out to him. He was looking intently at a sheet of paper, and my voice brought him back to reality. He raised a brow at me, waiting for what I had to say next. "Where am I supposed to sleep?"

Jon shrugged and glanced at the main deck. "Women aren't allowed on ships. We believe they bring bad luck." He sighed and scratched his beard. "I suppose you'll be staying in the Captains bed tonight, since he doesn't believe in superstition."

"I'm NOT sleeping with him." I grumbled.

"Aye, miss." He nodded. "Captain usually doesn't sleep in his quarters. He usually sleeps in his main office, up here." He pointed to a room past me that lead to the upper-deck.

I sighed in relief. The sun was setting, and knowing where I'd be sleeping took a lot off my mind. My head was still sore from all the harsh blows I received earlier. I leaned against the rail of the ship and slumped my body against it. After closing my eyes, I let my mind drift off, allowing for the sea breeze to tickle my skin.

It was the first time that I'd been here I felt at ease. Sadly, good things usually come to an end, right? I opened my eyes when I felt a wet piece of cloth press against my forehead. The Captain was standing very close to me, towering over my height. I was average height, but he still managed to look like a giant. I wasn't aware of how large this man's stature truly was until now.

I groaned when he pressed the rag harder onto my head. "I guess they don't teach men like you about personal space."

"I'm very aware." His deep toned reply sent a shock down my spine. "Your head looks like it's been hit by o' stone." He pressed his lips together. "Do women like ye' die from purple spots easily?" He asked, referring to the bruise on my forehead. It probably formed after being hit so many times.

"What do you mean by women like me?" I hissed.

"I'm sure ye know I'm no Doctor." He snorted. "Even if I was, I wouldn't know how to work with someone that looks like ye'."

"Are you referring to my skin color again?" I hissed. Of course he was, a racist prick.

"Watch your tone. All women have different issues with health." He narrowed his eyes at me, as if giving me a warning. "Although I've never seen one like ye' before, I don't know what issues ye' may have. Ye' look fairly healthy, but I don't know for sure."

I didn't want to admit it, but he was right. It didn't matter, different women all tend to have more of a variety of health issues that purely is based on genetics. Race didn't matter, DNA did. So.. was he, worried about me? I felt my head tilt to try and examine his expression, to understand him a bit more.

His eyes connected with mine, and we just stood there for a while. It's as if we were both studying each other.

"Cap'n!" A loud call from one of the crew members caused him to jolt, like he'd been caught doing something wrong. His reflexes pushed the rag onto my head further, and I whimpered at more of the pressure being put onto my bruised forehead. "I don't mean to interrupt, but it seems we may have a problem with the stores."

"Go on." He ushered for the man to continue.

"Jon says we may have to dock at a port in a few days to restock on a few items before heading to the North."

"And where do ye' think the closest port is?"

"I looked on the map and it seems we can find one by tomorrow at noon."

"Then set o' course for our next stop." He commanded. The crew member nodded and jogged away. The pirate captain glanced at me once more before walking away into his office. And without a word, I headed for his quarters, to get some well deserved sleep.

~