8 DDU

The full revised chapters will be posted on my Ko-Fi page! Chapters 1-4 are Free, but the rest are available to read on Ko-fi by supporting me! Thank-you!

ko-fi.com/caktwrites

~~~

"Waterfall!" Joon and Jiyun shouted as they raced to the old fountain where Qi Tai had proposed to me. Being in this plaza brought back so many memories.

"Hey!" Qi Tai shouted after them when Jiyun raised her leg over to step into the fountain. He yanked her away from it and switched to Korean when scolding her. She frowned and started to cry, but Qi Tai lifted her into his arms and sat by the bench in front of the fountain to show her what was inside.

Joon sat next to them and pointed at the sign. "It's a wishing fountain Jiyun!"

"I'm going to take a look inside the bookstore." I tapped Qi Tai on his shoulder to let him know. Before I could leave, he grabbed onto my arm.

"I have to stop by that photo gallery you used to work at in a bit. I'm meeting with a client." He coughed. "Don't stay in there for too long."

"I'm only going to look for English books for these two, and Qi-Qi."

~

"Welcome back Mr. Seong!" My old co-worker, Eliza I think was her name, greeted my husband as he walked in. He replied with a nonchalant 'hello' and walked over to the front counter.

This place looked completely different. I can't believe it's almost been 10 years since I've worked here. They must've renovated this place because it was a lot bigger than I remembered. There was also a separate section of the store for people to take family photos.

"Charlotte?" I heard Eliza gasp when I walked forward. "Oh my god! Charlotte!" She ran over to me and grabbed my hands and looked me up and down in disbelief.

"It's nice to see you too Eliza." I smiled at her. She pulled me in for a hug, and I kind of stood there awkwardly. When I used to work here, we weren't that close. It was because I was really focused on my studies and didn't have many friends, anyone other than my mother.

"Who are these little ones?!" She gasped again when she saw Jiyun come over to clutch my leg and Joon stand beside me.

"Oh. These are my kids. Joon, Jiyun say hello."

I nudged them both forward. Joon said hi, but my baby girl looked up at me and Eliza awkwardly, without saying anything. "Sorry, She's quite shy, not used to seeing anyone who's not Korean."

"Oh." Eliza smiled and kneeled to their height. "Oh my gosh, they're so cute! Ugh, I want children but my husband is too focused on his job to care."

"Been there." I snorted, referring to when Qi Tai used to focus on his work when we first moved to Korea. Qi Tai walked back over to me and placed a hand on my arm.

"I'm going to be a while." He sighed and pulled out his wallet before handing me a card. "If the kids get hungry, go ahead and buy some food."

"Can I also buy something for myself?" I smiled.

"Birth control?" He tilted his head and I coughed, before slapping his shoulder.

"No!"

He laughed at my reaction and stroked my arm gently. "I'm just messing with you. Go on ahead, I saw you staring at that bakery across the street."

"Screw you, Levi." I pushed him away, very embarrassed by the fact that he knew me so well. He smiled and walked away towards the back of the gallery to meet with a client.

"I can't believe it.." Eliza gawked at me then looked back to the direction Qi Tai was off to. "You're dating him?"

"Dating?" I snickered. "He's my husband."

Eliza swore and grabbed me by both my shoulders. "No way! He's our top sponsor! How did you two meet?!"

Wasn't she here when he stole my camera? Or when he came in secretly and bought my photo? Or when I caught him crying and told him to leave the store? She was working the same shift as me during those times, right?

"I sort of.. followed him." I bit my lip nervously. "And he got mad."

"You stalked him? Holy Guacamole Charlie!"

"No!" I placed my hands up in defense, hoping she wouldn't get the wrong idea. "He reminded me of someone I knew.."

"Are you one of those Korean drama fans?" Eliza crossed her arms at me. "Be honest. He looks handsome and you probably went after him for his money and looks."

"N-no?" I stuttered. This is exactly why Eliza and I weren't close. Sometimes she said things that weren't necessary or offensive things. Even if I did like dramas, there was no problem with that. However, her accusing me of being a gold digger was completely uncalled for.

"Did you get pregnant and ask to get married?"

"I was a virgin until marriage, not that it's any of your business." I snapped at her and she placed her hand on her chest as if she were offended by my tone. I couldn't believe her right now. Did she even hear herself?

"Don't get prissy at me, I'm just curious. You were always so introverted and awkward. Just wondering how it was possible for you to get with someone like him." She shrugged. "I bet you're still only friends with your mom."

"I'm leaving." I snatched both Joon and Jiyun's hands in mine before strolling towards the exit.