Chapter 3

____________________________

At around 6 p.m, Y/n was already in Shibuya heading to the festival where she and Chifuyu will have their 'first' date. She was bouncing, literally ignoring everyone beside her, she only focused on herself and the road she had to walk before reaching her destination. 

She got ready way to early, showered, did her hair and put on some soft makeup. Her dad was overjoyed that his daughter was excited that he begged his daughter to bring this boy over one day for dinner. 

Y/n held her gift in one hand, it wasn't big or expensive but she was sure Chifuyu would like it so she worked hard on it.

The festival was very lively, full of people having dates, chilling with their friends or family and she was waiting for him near the entrance. He was never late so she started wondering if he actually forgot about her. Her overthinking got the best of her, what if he was making fun of her somewhere ? 

No. There is no way he would do that, Chifuyu was a humble and kind soul, he would never do that. She decided to wait for a bit before looking for him around the festival. Maybe he got lost or wandered on his own. 

 A group of scary boys started flirting with her and followed her wherever she went, until it started raining, so she took It as an occasion and ran away from them until she couldn't breathe anymore. 

She reached a small temple so she sat there, terrified ? yes, a lot but also worried sick about Chifuyu, did he really ditch her ? She wanted to know where he was but was far to scared to move from the stairs she was sitting on, so she hid there until she saw Hina walking.

She immediately ran to her, hugging her tightly, avoiding to spill any details, she simply hugged her and asked her if she was fine and why was she on her own. 

"Takemichi had to go somewhere, let's go, a fight just broke in the parking lot and It's really dangerous." Hina took Y/n hand before running straight to the parking lot. 

On their way, they met another girl named Emma, she told them the fight was really serious and a lot of Toman members were hurt. Y/n was really confused, she didn't know toman, nor did she know her friend was involved with such a gang, they called an ambulance and 

They kept running until they met Takemichi, with the boy she saw earlier, on his back. Both of them were injured. But the boy, known as Draken, was stabbed which left him unconscious and bleeding heavily. Y/n was at this state of shock were she felt like everything around her was spinning. 

This was the first time she saw that much blood, Draken was nearly dying and the ambulance was stuck in the traffic due to the festival. Emma tried to prevent his blood from flowing by keeping her hand on his wound. 

Her head was in pain, her chest felt like exploding but she knew it was not the time to let her anxiety kick in, especially not when someone was dying in front of her. Draken got up on his feet, asking them to leave him with Takemichi and run away but they didn't. 

Takemichi was fighting this Kiyomasa, the fight itself was short but knowing that the delinquent had every intention to kill the short boy made it even more stressful. 

"Leave ! We'll figure something out with Draken-kun." Shouted Takemichi, getting in a fighting stance. 

And so, Hina took both of Emma's and Y/n's hands before running away. They passed by the parking lot where they saw the huge brawl between Toman and Moebius. Acknowledging their existence was a thing, but being a witness of a gang fight was an another thing. For a second, Y/n thought that Chifuyu might be involved in this fight and wanted to check on him. But the fight was to intense that looking for him would be impossible so she followed Hina instead.

They waited for the ambulance by the end of the road, before they made their way back to where they left Takemichi and Draken. There, she found not only Kiyomasa on the floor, but also her childhood friends along with Draken. 

Eventually Draken was taken to the hospital, and Y/n wanted to go and check on him even if they never talked, but only Takemichi was allowed to go with him, so they could treat his hand that was stabbed by Kiyomasa. 

Emma started crying , Y/n and Hina could only hug her, they never exchanged one word, they simply comforted the girl that broke down. Y/n's nerve could never handle this much stress but somehow the adrenaline kept her on her feet even if her legs were shaking. 

All this time, she had her gift in one hand, keeping it close to her so that she wouldn't lose It. But was It even worth giving ? Chifuyu didn't show up and she ended up in this situation. They had to walk to the Hospital to meet up with Takemichi, no cab was available and the train station were closed since It was nearly midnight. 

When they reached the hospital, they ran straight to the emergency waiting room where Takemichi announced that Draken was in the surgery room and that in the ambulance his heart stopped beating. This statement made everyone shocked, Emma was a crying mess, few other members that joined them were on the verge of crying too. 

Y/n knew no one, she happened to be followed by delinquents, hid in a temple, followed Hina and she found herself in this situation that she wanted to escape. She wanted to cry tears of frustration because she was so disappointed, she regretted accepting this date for a second. Now she found herself sitting at Midnight in a waiting room, her beautiful Yukata stained with the blood of a boy she met today and most of all she witnessed a Gang fight. 

It was so violent, so scary that her guts were twisting, her head kept pounding and the world kept spinning around her. She sat on the chair, holding her head in her hands, closing her eyes and concentrating on her breathing. 

Mikey said that everything would be alright, and that Draken would never die, which lightened the mood for a bit, but they still had to wait for the surgery to end. The doctor came out of the surgery room few minutes later, announcing that the surgery was a success. 

Emma hugged both of Y/n and Hina out of happiness, she said her crush was finally fine and for an instant she thought he would be gone and how her life would be without the one she loved. 

Y/n was relieved for once, she asked Emma to deliver a message to Draken, telling hina to spill the tea another tea because she was to tired and it wasn't the time. She bid her goodbyes to everyone including Mikey that she encountered in the hallways and finally exited the hospital. 

She despised the hospital, the simple thought of being in one made her feel sick, the smell was way to familiar to her that she wanted to flee as soon as possible, which was the case. She saw all the other Gang members, celebrating their friend's well being. 

And that's when she saw a familiar blond hair, with the toman uniform, emerald eyes that she grew fond of and an earring that she recognised. Both of their eyes met, and she immediately acted as if she didn't see him, walking away faster.

'So that's what he's been doing all this time.'  

She never thought that he would lie to her, all of the bruises he had back then, she believed him when he said his cat was the reason. All those friends he talked about, were his gang members, all the times he didn't show up was because he had meetings with them. 

Instead of going home, she went back to the festival grounds, she wanted to think straight before heading home. She felt betrayed but at the same time she wanted to hear his side of the story. Why didn't he show up ? If he already had an altercation why did he bother inviting me ? The festival was barely lively as before, so she bought three Taiyakis and decided to eat them on her way home. 

It was currently 1 a.m and she was near her apartment complex, but she saw a bike parked in front of it, and when the person saw her, he removed his helmet, showing his beautiful blond hair that Y/n could recognise from afar. 

'Chifuyu Matsuno'

_______________________________