Chapter No.50

Enjoy~

_______________________________

It was a few days later now. Donghyuck was excited the entire day, it was finally the day of his and Mark's date and he couldn't much longer.
He was currently outside with Ten, taking a walk since the younger was too nervous for the other's liking.

"Hyuckie, could you please stop jumping up and down? Just for a minute, please? You're giving me a headache. Are you even allowed to jump? You literally got shot only a few weeks ago.", Ten pleaded to which the other replied with a shy 'sorry' and stopped skipping beside the elder.
"Hyung, I'm fine. Kun-hyung said I can move as much as I want as long as I don't overdo and hurt myself.", Donghyuck reassured the male beside him.

After that, they both were completely silent, just enjoying each other's company. They were about to take a turn to the right when suddenly a girl stood in front of them. It was Mark's childhood best friend, Yoo-ra.
"Hey, Dongsyuck, right? You were with Mark the other day, weren't you?", Yoo-ra asked with a fake smile. The younger only nodded, not wanting to speak with the girl in front of him. The boy wanted to be a bit respective, so he tried to fake a smile but failed once he looked her in the eyes. Her eyes were filled with anger and disgust, Donghyuck tried his hardest to stay calm and not slap her in her stupidly pretty face.

"Actually, it's Donghyuck. And yes, it was me the other day.", Donghyuck replied in the sweetest tone he could make, " But what are you doing here? Hyung told me you are quite busy these days."

The girl looked the younger up and down, not believing Mark would say that even though it was true, "yeah, but I just took a break for lunch, so..."
The other nodded again. To be honest, he didn't really care. All he cared about was how to get out of this situation and once he glanced at his right, he saw how his hyung wanted to say something but held back because she was still a friend of Mark and he didn't want to ruin her life now, or at least not yet.

"Well, I think we should go now. I'd say it was nice meeting you but that would be a lie and my parents didn't raise a liar.", Ten finally spoke up before he took Donghyuck by his arm and was about to leave but got stopped when the girl opened her mouth one last time.

"If you don't leave my Mark, you'll regret it. I'll destroy you, Donghyuck."

"Up yours, lady!", Ten yelled and walked away with Donghyuck, ignoring the girl screaming after them.

"Hyung, do I look good?", Mark asked his cousin as he looked at himself in the mirror. It was now 5:30 in the evening and half an hour he was about to get Donghyuck from Renjun's place where the younger prepared himself for their date.
"You look awesome, Mark, don't worry. That kid is head over heels for you, you could wear the most disgusting thing and he probably would still want you.", Johnny answered truthfully and lit his hands on the other's shoulders, squeezing them slightly as a comfort.

"I know, hyung. But that's the point, Donghyuck doesn't deserve 'the most disgusting thing'. He deserves so much more than that.", was the last thing Mark said as he glanced at himself one more time before leaving the room.

"Ahh, young love, so cute.", Johnny sighed and left the room to find his husband, "Ten, where are you? I need my daily cuddles right now. Hey, hyung, have you seen the love of my life?!"

"He is here!", Chenle screamed when he saw Mark's car pulling up at the driveway.
"Okay, Hyuckie, you got this. Just remember: you look gorgeous and don't pull a Renjun.", Ten comforted the younger who couldn't standstill. The two of them got really close during the time they were around each other. If it wasn't for shipping Mark and Donghyuck, Ten would have adopted the latter by now but Mark was sadly the cousin of his husband and with that, family.
They got interrupted by the ring of the doorbell.

With shaky legs, Donghyuck walked towards the door, took a deep breath, and opened the door slowly. The boy couldn't believe his eyes. In front of him stood Mark in a black button-up shirt, black jeans, and black sneakers. His blonde hair was slightly combed back, showing his forehead.
"Kitten, are you ready?", Mark questioned when he realized that the younger wasn't about to say anything

"Y-yeah, let's g-go."

"We're here.", the blonde Canadian announced while he turned off the vehicle. Stepping out of the car, Mark quickly walked towards the passenger side and opened the door for the younger, taking the latter's hand once they were both standing outside. They were at a cliff, near the woods where they could look over the whole city.
"Wow...", Donghyuck muttered as he looked at the view in front of him, not realizing that the older let go of his hand and walked back towards the car, making sure that everything was perfect.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?", Mark stated when he came back to the younger, his eyes never left the other boy. "I found this when I was a kid. I often come here when I had a bad day or just need a break from reality. Nobody knows about this. You are the first one I show it to.", Mark confessed with a soft voice before he placed a small kiss on Donghyuck's lips.
Their moment was soon ruined by a grumble of the younger's stomach, making the said boy blush madly. The elder could only laugh, "Come on, love, you must be hungry. And don't worry, Taeyong-hyung made the food, not me."

Donghyuck could only laugh at the remark but gasped after he turned around and looked at the car. Mark had turned around the car so that the back of it was facing towards the cliff. The turn was open and the boy could see that the other had folded down the back seats and put a mattress inside the car on which were a blanket and a basket with what Donghyuck assumed was food. They were a few fairy lights and the sun-kissed male questioned himself how he didn't see that earlier.
"I wanted to have a picnic but it should rain later, so I thought that we could just have a picnic in the car. I hope that's okay. The car is actually really comfortable but if you want to we can place the blanket and the baske-", before Mark could say more he got interrupted by some familiar pair of lips.

"Hyung, it's perfect.", Donghyuck whispered into the kiss which made the elder smile.

It was silent but not an uncomfortable one. They both finished their food some time ago. Having talked about a lot while eating, the two males were enjoying now the presence of each other, arms around each other since Donghyuck stated that he was cold, and being close was a good way to share body warmth.

"Kitten, I need to tell you something...", Mark broke the silence and waited till he got the other's full attention before he continued, "... Hyuck, I have to be honest with you. You are the best thing that happened in my life. The way you laugh when you find something entertaining, the way you stutter and blush around me, how you don't believe in all these ridiculous rumors, how you're sassy around your friends, yet would do anything for their happiness, the fact that you would pout whenever you think I don't pay attention to you. Everything you do or say makes my heart flutter. Every kiss we share makes something in me explode. I feel like there's a zoo inside my stomach every time you touch me. At first, I was confused. I didn't know what that feeling was, I even thought I was sick for a while but then I realized it. I'm in love with you and I immediately felt so bad because of my life. I'm not a good person, Hyuckie, and for quite some time I thought that I don't deserve you, that I'm being too selfish for wanting you all by myself, and only after a talk with Jaehyun-hyung I understood that it's okay to be selfish sometimes as long as I keep the ones I love safe. Donghyuck you are my happiness, my sunshine, my fullsun. So, Donghyuck would you do me the honor and be my boyfriend?", Mark voiced out, his eyes full of hope.

By now, the other had tears rolling down his cheeks. Taking a few deep breaths to calm himself down, Donghyuck nodded rapidly.
"Y-yes!", the younger let out shakily and pulled the other down for a kiss.
Suddenly raindrops hit the car, making the sustained boy jump away in surprise to which both of them laughed only seconds later.
"You know, hyung, I always wanted to kiss under the rain as they do in the movies.", Haechan said cheekily, hoping his now boyfriend would get the hint.

"Well as a good boyfriend I should grant your wishes, shouldn't I?", with that, the blonde took the other's arm and went out of the car, to the rain.