chapter 4

i see a tall girl with brown hair walk over to us at a slow pace.

"hey deena." says kate.

"hey guys." says deena.

"hi, i'm y/n." you say with a smile.

"hey, uh i'm deena." she says with what seems as a judge mental smirk.

*time skip of 30 minutes*

you and deena have gotten to know each others personalities more and realized you two are very alike.

"do you guys have any money?" Simon asked.

"yeah i do." deena says as she pulls a 20 dollar bill out of her pocket.

me and kate both notice how she's about to hand him her 20 as we both scream "NO."

she takes her hand away from Simons after he had taken the 20 and stood up to run back to the churro shop.

"why did you guys scream no?" she asks me and kate.

"he's gonna go buy more churros and by the end of the night i will have to take care of him after he has a sugar crash." i say as me and kate laugh.

"don't worry i'll come over and help you deal with him." kate says as she grabs my hand under the table.

i feel myself turn a light shade of red realizing that she would be coming back over to my house.

"i'll come too." deena says.

i felt my smile fade as she said those three small words. like my chances of spending time with kate we're gonna be ruined.

we turn and look at the churro shop to see Simon walking towards us with at least 20 churros.