chapter 9

(tw: alcoholism/addiction to alcohol)

*time skip to 7pm*

me and simon step out of the car once we arrived at the bonfire. kate ran up to us yelling our names in excitement she wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me. i wrapped one of my arms around her waist hugging tight. we didn't let go until she realized that people were looking.

she gave simon a small head nod while smiling and he did it back. we all decided to walk in and i see my old best friend maddie. she ran up to me and gave me a hug, i could sense kate felt jealous so i hugged maddie back for a second then stepped back to tell her to stop.

"how have you been y/n?" maddie asked.

"actually i'm doing great, what about you?" i respond.

"i've been better, i recognize simon but who's this?" maddie asked about kate.

"i'm y/n's bestfriend, the names kate." kate says as she puts her head on my shoulder to signify that we were basically together, but of course i just thought she was tired of the conversation with maddie.

"well i'm maddie, me and y/n are basically sisters with how close we are." maddie responds

kate looked at me to see if it was true but she could tell by my facial expression that it wasn't true.

"ima go grab a beer." simon spoke.

"ima go with simon i'll leave you two, to catch up." kate said as she winked at me, then walked away.

"actually i'm pretty thirsty, want anything?" maddie asks me.

"water if they have it please." i say as i realize i'm very thirsty.

"ok, i'll get it." maddie spoke as she walked away.

a little while later she handed me a red solo cup, i immediately took it out of her hand and took a big gulp without thinking.

i realized what it was.

it was vodka.

"oops gave you the wrong one." she said as she started to laugh.

i stood still.

in shock.

"oh i see one of my friends ima go see them. bye." maddie said with a smile on her face.

i kept stand still.

i felt myself lose control of my breathing pattern.

my chest got tight.

i felt my face get red.

i started to get dizzy.

i went to the curb and sat down. alone.

realizing what i had done, i put my hands over my face to his the tears.

kate saw me and walked over to simon asking what was wrong.

simon didn't know so they went over to maddie to figure it out.

"do you know what happened to y/n?" simon asked.

"she's probably drunk." maddie laughed.

"what did you just say?" simon says as his face starts to get red.

"well she basically drank all my vodka from one gulp." maddie responds.

"wait she asked to have some of your vodka?" simon asks as he starts to worried.

kate is still confused on why simon is so worried.

"no, i accidentally gave her the wrong cup. my bad." maddie spoke as she walked away.

"shit. shit. shit." simon yelled.

"what is wrong with her having vodka?" kate asked.

"i know i shouldn't be the one to tell you, but y/n has a addition to alchohol. she was 16 days away from a year of being clean." he responded to kate as her realized he needed to comfort you.

i have school now so i have to sleep sorry for not updating