chapter ten

Simon ran over to you, just hugging you as tight as he could. you kept crying but he just wouldn't let go. a couple seconds after Simon hugged you, you heard another pair of footsteps running over to you. you realize Simon had let go of you to let the new person embrace you. your eyes were filled with tears to the point where you couldn't identify who was hugging you. whoever the figure was hugged you in a familiar way. you wrapped your arms around them. as you reached around them you realized who was embracing you. it was kate. she was there, while you were crying. just helping you calm down by not letting you go.

you heard Simon say faded words then you felt kate release you and wrap her arm around your back leading you somewhere. you felt ur weight leave your feet as you sat down in the car. still numb from crying you couldn't stop crying. you felt someone sit directly next to you. while your legs were touching theirs you felt the warmth of their leg while they felt how shaky yours was. you felt a arm wrap around your shoulders and you leaned into them. while laying your head into their shoulder you heard a calming voice say "it's ok, it will be ok." in a whisper.

you realized it was kate again. you moved your head from her shoulder closer to her neck showing that you were just so hurt. Simon continued driving home. i had slowly fallen into a state of sleep that was so light that tears were still falling and i couldn't stop shaking.

i could barely piece together the words that kate and simon spoke to eachother but i was able to figure out a few sentences.

"will she be ok?" kate asked.

"she's been fighting for so long, for her not to be the one who ruined it, i don't know if she'll be ok for awhile." simon responded stuttering at the words i might not be ok.

a few more sentences past before i could pick up on more of their words.

"kate, can you do me a favor?" simon asks.

"i'm assuming it's for y/n, so of course." kate responded.

"just stay with her tonight?" he asks.

"anything for her." kate says as she held on to me tighter.

i felt as the car stopped and kate dragged me out of the car. i could barely walk because of how weak i was. kate brought me to my bed and layed me down. she walked around the bed to other side to sit down right beside me. she soon realized i'd be more comfortable for her to lay down next to me. she slowly pulled herself down into a laying down position. she put her arm around my back.

without thinking i wrapped both my arms around her and pulled myself closer to her. now basically laying on her, i felt her pull me closer.

i'm at my lowest point.

kate didn't care.

she was still laying directly next to me.

this was the moment...

i realized...

i am in love with kate.