12| 열둘

12.

__

__

"How do manage to work at night and come to school in the morning. You don't even get proper rest. Like don't you get tired." Roa said walking out of the university, along with Yurim on her side.

"I would be lying if I say I'm not." Yurim sighed. "But you know how my situation is and I can't just sleep on it."

"It's okay. Just tell me, whenever you need anything. Don't hesitate." Roa said patting Yurim's shoulder in assurance.

Yurim smiled at the girl beside her. She was happy that she had a really great friend like Roa.

"So how's everything in the store." The girl asked.

"Nothing spectacular. There aren't much customers at night. I'm free most of the time." Yurim responded.

"What about dad?"

"I don't think he will end his drinking habits any soon,"

" 정말 당신에 대해 걱정, . (I really am worried about you, Yu.)" Roa said slightly widening her eyes.

Yurim just chuckled at her worried self. As they were walking ahead, her phone started ringing. But while taking it out from her jean pocket, it accidentally slipped off from her hands. She bent down on her knees and picked it up, checking for any crashes, eventually wiping off the dust on her phone.

As she came back completely onto her feet, without knowing a guy pushed past her, making her stumble.

"I'm sor-" she turned around but the guy was already walking in a fast pace and straight into the alleyway, not even trying to stop and apologise back. Rude.

She was about to turn when another figure caught her eye, walking ahead. But this time she definitely knew who it was.

Pale skin, black hoodie, the same cap covering his face. Yoongi.

Didn't he recognize me? Yurim thought as she stared at his back till he went out of her sight but she didn't fail to capture the figure turning into the same dark alleyway. There was bad gut feeling building up inside her. Something seemed off. But didn't know what.

"Yurim-ah?" Roa spoke breaking her out of the thoughts.

"Ah Roa, you can go ahead. I have something to do." Yurim said.

"Okay, see you later. Take care okay. " Roa spoke, leaving Yurim behind.

Yurim rushed to the opposite direction where Yoongi and other guy had just gone.

As she got near, she heard noises intensifying which just led the tension inside her building up. With a deep breath, she decided to peek through and that's when she saw a guy getting beaten up every badly. And she, without a doubt knew who was doing the harm.

Yurim was really shocked at sight taking place infront of her. She didn't know how long the beating had gone on for, but the only thing she saw was the final kick and the sound of the iron bar falling to the concrete

Nothing came into her mind,as she ran towards Yoongi.

The man didn't notice the girl until she held onto his right arm stopping him from beating the weak guy below him.

Yurim averted her eyes towards the bloody mess on the floor. The guy lying across the floor was grotesque. Already his eyes were swollen over and bloody spit drooled from his slack jaws. His face still bears congealed blood and his clothes are an utter mess.

Yoongi was taken back when he layed his eyes on the girl he knew, never expecting her to witness something like this.

"What the-"

"Stop." Yurim said softly.

"What are you doing he-" Before Yoongi could complete his sentence, the guy got away from his grip, running away with all his strength left.

Yoongi couldn't care about anything right now, as he took his gun out and shot at the running man's leg, thrice before falling completely limp onto the cold ground. He couldn't let the bastard, who has been spying on them, slip away from his hands just because of a small mistake.

Yurim had her palms crossed over her mouth, too scared to even let a single voice of hers out. She backed away slightly, fearing for her own life at the moment.

"Namjoon-ah. Take care of the body." Yoongi said into his ear piece and turned to the girl who was completely rooted to the ground in shock.

Yoongi closed his eyes before letting out a deep sigh making his way towards her. He was kind off mad at her, and this time she just broke his patience.

"Why do you keep following me?" Yoongi cold voice didn't make her get any justice for the fear inside her. She could feel the tension and hear the intensity in his tone.

Yoongi saw the fear in her eyes while her eyes were getting teared up. He sighed again, rubbing his temples in annoyance.

"I-I" Yurim couldn't finish her sentence with her current state.

Yoongi looked at all the direction just in case someone else witnessed the scene.

"Come." Yoongi walked past her telling her to follow him. But she didn't even move an inch.

"W-Who are you?" She asked in a low voice, taking up all the courage left inside her.

Yoongi stopped in his way as he heard the fragile voice of the young girl.

"I won't hurt you."

___

[01282022]

ladies and gentlemen, miss roa.