6| 여섯

06.

"Don't you have to go home?" Yoongi asked the surprised girl standing in front of him

He raised his eyebrows, expecting an answer from her.

"Ah n-no. I mean I have night shift duty." The young girl responded while rubbing the nape of her neck.

"Everyday? Why do I see you at night all the time?" Yoongi made his way closer to her.

Yurim felt a shiver pass down her spine, due to the closure, as she received a slight scare from the man in front of her. 

"I c-can only work at n-night."

"You know it's dangerous right?" Yoongi answered back.

Yurim was tight-lipped since she didn't have much a say in that. What he said was only the truth. She averted her eyes down from his face as she couldn't make it up to him. But her deep brown eyes surprisingly caught the sight on his hands. To be more clear- his knuckles.

Blood?

The blood has concentrated in the folds of his knuckles making the usually pale creases dark. The congealed red-brown fluid had become caught in the webbing of his fingers, whereas the rest had been dried out.

"Isn't that blood?" She urged taking his hand in hers to examine.

He took his hand back in a swift, to which she frowned.

"It's nothing." He said staring off at nothing.

"No. It looks painful. Come inside." Yurim turned to go inside but from her peripheral vision, she could see him not moving one inch and was still staring at the girl's back.

He wasn't going to move anyway nor he was planning to. So she returned to him but this time her small hands gripped his black jacket and began dragging him inside the store. He was quite surprised by her actions. Clearly. But she couldn't care less.

"Let me treat that for you." The girl said, holding the first aid kit on my other hand.

"I told you. You don't have to." He said in an icy tone.

Why is he always so cold? Yurim thought, still not giving up as she said. "At least let me do this favour for you" She stated softly and stared down at her white shoes.

Yoongi let out a deep sigh as he extended his hand out for her since she was just trying to help him. Yurim smiled slightly and immediately opened the box taking out the wanted medicine and cotton. 

The bleeding had slowed to barely a trickle as she placed the bandages on to his knuckles. While she was doing her job, she felt his intense gaze on her side profile but she chose to ignore it and continue on what she was currently doing.

"All done." Yurim said and looked up at his face but her breath hitched as she realized how close they were at the moment. She felt his warm breath hit her face. He never broke his averted his eyes from hers.

Up until now, Yurim hadn't noticed how handsome and perfect his features were. Pale milky skin, his cute button nose, his eyes-

Just by looking at his eyes, you could tell that it held a deep amount of stories behind them. You could get lost in them.

Her eyes then automatically landed on his pink lips which were bruised slightly, a little amount of blood smeared. It was too pretty, better than most of the girls'.

They stayed like that for a while but out of the blue Yoongi's phone went off making them suddenly move away from each other.

He answered it and immediately ended the call with an "I'll call you back." Oh god. Why did he have to end it already?  Yurim thought.

The atmosphere had turned awkward. Both of them didn't know what to say. Before it could get even weirder, Yurim broke the silence.

"How did you get hurt?"

___

[09032020]

bts came first in billboard. ain't army the happiest. 🤧

-mintwinkle